OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

See more emails and not more advertising

Please, don't add advertising on our page of outlook or, if it's not possible, put them on the right side of the emails and very thin, so that way we will be able to see a lot of the emails that we have received and not only one or two as now.

52 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chantal Archambault shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using outlook.com and providing the great feedback! We are constantly looking at ways of improving our ad experience. I did want to let you know that if you have an Office 365 subscription, you actually do get an Ad Free Outlook.com experience as well as more space!

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming.

David Los

240 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • lichen267@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ad in outlook is way too aggressive. It blocks one quarter of the bottom screen, it is floating on top of content, there is NO way to close them. Some of them do NOT have an option to opt out.

With this kind of ad, the only reason I keep using outlook is the high cost to change email with all my partners.

please fix this. This is not sustainable and will damage all online advertising!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This latest version of outlook is a pain. The font size changes from time to time when I have not set it that way. The crazy ads are now at the bottom instead of the side of the screen and there doesn't seem to be any way to change that.

• rohitpk@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the dark theme mode. definitely gonna keep using outlook
    if only you could remove the ad bar from the right hand side of the screen it would be perfect.

• CRAIG HYMES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Advertisements - I absolutely hate the popup adds on the right margin. Keeps causing my system to lockup.

• Sally TheGrump commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a HUGE banner advert at the bottom of my laptop screen is almost rendering the machine USELESS. It's like readin gmy emails through a bloody leterbox!! Don't be so ******* selfish to the millions who have bought compact laptops in the last 10yrs. GET RID OF THIS BLOODY IRRITATING WASTE OF SPACE ADVERTISING - IVE NEVER EVER ReSPONDED TO A SINGLE AD LIKE THESE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!

• jdkpdavis@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your ads slows down outlook servers! My family has had enough! Leaving and going to Gmail. Stick your ad slowing servers up your *****!

Ads now appearing at bottom of the email page, taking up too much space and obscuring email listings.

• R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mail Rules are not working for emails arriving on my spam/junk email folder. Why? For example, I receive dozens of junk emails that includes the sentence "This is a Third party Advertisement" so I tried creating a Mail rule that says: every email that has "This is a Third party Advertisement" in the body contents, should be marked as read and deleted. The rule is currently active (check it out on my account) but it's not working. Those emails are not getting marked as read and deleted. What's the point of Mail rules if you can't apply it to everything you want? I can do this exact same thing on Gmail and it works flawlessly. Why can't it work here?

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding advertising on the screen - I understand and accept that we need advertising. My difficulty is that I would like the option to read it and then delete it - there is no way that it needs to stay on my screen while I go thru my emails.... is there?

I clicked on an ad in my inbox. These ads appear everyday in the Inbox and I will delete them from now on. I was given a virus alert. Please make sure these ads are safe or have them stop being sent to people. They appear as an email, but are really ads.

• dave_cocking@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fake sponsored Ads
    I have been receiving Businessbuyconnect.com ads for the last few days, which appear to be linked to a scam. If that is correct it is a disgrace that you do not vet ads that you sponsor

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base