OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

See more emails and not more advertising

Please, don't add advertising on our page of outlook or, if it's not possible, put them on the right side of the emails and very thin, so that way we will be able to see a lot of the emails that we have received and not only one or two as now.

52 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chantal Archambault shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using outlook.com and providing the great feedback! We are constantly looking at ways of improving our ad experience. I did want to let you know that if you have an Office 365 subscription, you actually do get an Ad Free Outlook.com experience as well as more space!

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming.

David Los

240 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GeorgeWeir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do I get rid of the ads, i affects how the mail works. it is totally ridiculous that I have to wait for the ad to appear ....

• Irene Henery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your adverts are making outlook unbearable to use.The advert loading slows everything down.

• remix4u@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mind ads. I get why you have to do it. However, its incredibly annoying to disguise the ad as the top email on my list. WHY would someone think this is a good idea? They clearly don't use your product.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do I get rid of the ads which cover HALF of the content ? How can I adjust the window so that it shows fully on my tablet screne ??

• JP JP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very sneaky how you force advertisements to be displayed, typical microsoft, untrustworthy

• ellanwelniak@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really hate the advertisements now not only on the right panel but also now on the bottom!! Really wants me to switch to gmail!!!

• rebeccamccashin@live.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users should be able to quickly and easily hide adverts without compromising use of the email account. This would be better than forcing adverts into the psyche of people who are not interested in them and cannot afford and do not want the products that are advertised while still allowing users to unhide adverts when they are interested in looking at new products. They are an harassment of a persons senses and the user should be given some control to turn adverts off and on.

• rebeccamccashin@live.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The advertisements are annoying and desperate. You aren't listening you just pretend to listen and make whatever changes you want when you want them.

• uniyalvikas@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove advertisement, i know Microsoft is earning really well, you guys don't need such advertisement section in such a sophisticated email service, instead of this you can charge some minimal amount to users, like 1dollar for a year,

Very sneaky how you've set it up to force people to view your unwanted advertisements, I've been communicating with the advertisers advising them their services are rubbish, so they know online advertising is having a very negative impact on their brand.

Very sneaky how you've set it up to force people to view your unwanted advertisements, I've been communicating with the advertisers advising them their services are rubbish, so they know online advertising is having a very negative impact on their brand.

• camillemilou@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you remove the ads from my inbox and mail windows.
    How am I supposed to focus on an email while I have a image moving in my field of view.
    This is so invasive.
    I would leave your service for that reason.

• brenda brenner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE GET RID OF THE ADS ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE SCREEN SO I CAN OPEN MY IN BOX AND SEE MY MESSAGES IN FULL BEFORE HAVING TO OPEN THEM.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New layout will take time to get used to but from using it today I have found the top advert very annoying! I mistook it for an email several times by the way it is in blue as if it is an unread email. Awful

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base