OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

See more emails and not more advertising

Please, don't add advertising on our page of outlook or, if it's not possible, put them on the right side of the emails and very thin, so that way we will be able to see a lot of the emails that we have received and not only one or two as now.

52 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chantal Archambault shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using outlook.com and providing the great feedback! We are constantly looking at ways of improving our ad experience. I did want to let you know that if you have an Office 365 subscription, you actually do get an Ad Free Outlook.com experience as well as more space!

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming.

David Los

240 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • roisinwebber@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The amount of adverts on my email page is so annoying. If i click the x to get rid I have to answer question on why I dont want to see the ad and the bloody box stays ther anyway blocking my view of my emails. GET RID OF THE ******* ADS

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new version of Outlook is too jumpy. It's hard to do anything because of the ads which have become more intrusive.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

parts of the content do not show or are covered by ads (on the bottom) - the problem has been fixed after the update but now exists again !!!! cannot change that myself ! very angry

• Johnny Sa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, The ads on my hotmail are of Lingerie Models, Kind of hard to open this at work. PLease fix

• jaahrens@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not at all impressed! I only use a laptop. With the added ADVERTISEMENT to the right of the screen, my reading pane is now so small that the print defaults to 6-8 point. Even my glasses strain to see that . . . At least get rid of the ads column and give more leeway in adjusting the widths of the left hand columns. Please consider the laptop users when designing a screen setup. I'm sure this looks great on a 24 inch monitor but it's a pain on a 15 or 17 inch monitor.

• copperdoodle5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ads have started showing up in my outlook account. It will not let me delete them but instead when I click on them, it opens them up. I want them deleted as I am not interested in them.

• munk_63@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i do not like the ads that for some reason are placed in the same spot as my emails and even looks similar to my email icons!!

• Dontwait2long@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I despise, the advertisements on the right side of the screen of my email especially having no way to close them as they interfere with my ability to read and/or create new emails. Please remove the advertisements immediately.

• bray2508 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why am I getting emails about Adult dating and Hot Dating in my email box when the email is not addressed to me?

• cjw1103@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you are really really really good at showing me advertisement and also very very very good at hiding my emails from me. which is what you intended i'm sure.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ad in the left pane at the bottom takes up too much space. It says: Upgrade to Office 365 with premium Outlook features

• Rafael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook update is bad.
    Sometimes I wonder if Microsoft engineers actually use their own products.
    Why stick a two-mile advertising on the right side of the email while squeezing all the table content into a tiny, ridiculous preview of the email content.
    I do not know why I still use Outlook.

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base