OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

See more emails and not more advertising

Please, don't add advertising on our page of outlook or, if it's not possible, put them on the right side of the emails and very thin, so that way we will be able to see a lot of the emails that we have received and not only one or two as now.

52 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chantal Archambault shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using outlook.com and providing the great feedback! We are constantly looking at ways of improving our ad experience. I did want to let you know that if you have an Office 365 subscription, you actually do get an Ad Free Outlook.com experience as well as more space!

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming.

David Los

240 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ebello1@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of my email letter was covered on the right side with a baseball ad. covering one 1/3 of the letter. I could not move or delete the ad.

• anna_whittaker@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is really bad that there is some ad pushed to the top of my emails so it is difficult to see my emails, how can I change the settings to remove this from the inbox. this is irritating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every time I go to my inbox I see this!!!!!!!! I am going to STOP using hotmail if you do not remove this advert appearing on top of my inbox. I receive enough advertising junk in my inbox already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Zolen2008@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ad Removal
    When I click on an email it opens up readable for a few seconds then the font is reduced to unreadable to accommodate an ad to the right of the reading pane. I think it would be better at the bottom and leave font size readable.

• erainge@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new layout is worse with the ad pane taking up so much space. Clearly I'll use another account for important messages.

• h-stacey@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't like the adverts that continuously flash at me from the right side of my Outlook page. It is intrusive and offensive. Can I stop this from displaying? If not, I will cease to use Outlook. Thank you

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am seeing commercial on my beta version how can I stop seeing commercials.

• Abuzar Travels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i don,t want to see adds kindly remove adds from this new version
    i am using HOTMAIL from last 14 years

• shirlgirl02 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find that the Ads that you are now sending to my email to be highly irritating. Please stop. Thanks.

• Michael B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having an Ad pretend to be an unread email is the most irritating feature, the click through must be great, but it's not because anyone actually wanted to see it.

• jbc.joel.baker@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Outlook beta, remove the ad that sits at the top of your inbox in 'other' view, trying to pretend it's an email... Side & banner ads are understandable.

• Sandra Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spend more time deleting annoying junk mail and annoying emails than actually reading important emails, why not make it easier to delete emails so I don't have to spend so much time mucking around every time I want to use my email. Also the new update now shows ads inside my email browser, far out it's so annoying, my phone has ads, games have ads, my tv has ads, cant my bloody email address be ad free.

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base