OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Block all sub domains from a top level domain

Outlook needs to allow users to block all sub domains given a top level domain, for example "*.xyz", not only specific domain name. Spammers are changing sub-domains every single day so block specific domains is not practical anymore. What happens is that after blocking "this.xyz" domain, I have myself struggling with spam from "that.xyz", "alsothat.xyz", "alsothis.xyz" domains.

300 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

lprell@outlook.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

157 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Horrible - xyzPINARES.EDU.CO - endless daily spam!!!!!!!!!
    Always changing the "xyz" part. BLOCKING DOESN'T HELP!

• ruhlevl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amaz0n Support ! <OFFICE.DNzlN4@axel.elyyray.org.uk> This is an obvious phishing scam (sent to my inbox) giving me a request code to see what my winnings are from Amazon.
    Note the difference in subject matter to the return email address?
    It would be nice if your filtering system would actually filter out this **** and not forward to inboxes and JUNK! Please give us back the ability to BLOCK domains, sub domains and email addresses from our JUNK Emails. Block only means delete, keep sending to junk folder. When we BLOCK something from JUNK email It should be BLOCKED FROM OUR JUNK EMAIL TOO. Don't ya think???
    Please upgrade to a filtering system that can actually do it's job.

PLEASE PLEASE make a change to block ALL subdomains in a address. In reality the blocking code needs to read the address IN REVERSE, this would stop all the garbage from getting thru

When we block domains that will only block from going into our inbox. Does not matter if they are exactly the same domain or email address. Anything we choose to block goes straight our Junk email. This is why the amount of junk mail is huge. Outlook does not have the capability to block anything from going into our Junk mail. I would love to have the ability to block sub domains AND key phrases in subject from going into my Junk folder.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hotmail refuses to allow yo to block domains DELIBERATELY so you ave to waste endless time on their sites viewing their own ads. The only way to get Hotmail to restore your ability to control and stop spam is to stop using all Microsoft products until they stop abusing consumers. They have obviously been aware of this issue for years, and their "controls" are a joke. The fact that you have to post you email here just invites more spam.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hotmail refuses to allow yo to block domains DELIBERATELY so you ave to waste endless time on their sites viewing their own ads. The only way to get Hotmail to restore your ability to control and stop spam is to stop using all Microsoft products until they stop abusing consumers. They have obviously been aware of this issue for years, and their "controls" are a joke. The fact that you have to post you email here just invites more spam.

• Bubba Snake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting so much spam on Hotmail it is becoming unusable. And the block domain doesn't work - I have techstargroup.com blocked, but all the @***.techstargroup.com emails continue to get through, where *** keeps changing. I don't want any emails from that domain.

• wouter_van_toor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently I am receiving lot of SPAM mail for which only the start of the domain changes slightly. Here an example of a domain name where only the end remains the same:
    - xlwb.serpens.club (full mail address: from@xlwb.serpens.club)
    - zectu.serpens.club (full mail address: from@zectu.serpens.club)
    And these are just two examples, because I have had countless of these. For example, from senders from@wikh.lepus.club and from@myzzq.saclateni.trade, and countless other senders of these domain names where only the beginning always changes slightly, while the end always remains the same.
    Previously the domain name (part after @) always remained the same and only changed the part before the @ sign. Blocking the domain name was the only action that was needed to get rid of it. Now this is unfortunately no longer the case.
    Is it also possible to block all domain names that end with "serpens.club", "lepus.club" or "saclateni.trade" ??
    Last spam examples: from@o22eo.puppis.site, from@67au2.puppis.site, from@lkx8s.puppis.win, from@ztvlxsdy.puppis.win

• Tired of crap "functionality" commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HAVE HAD THE SAME HOTMAIL ACCOUNT FOR 15 YEARS

MY LIFE IS WIRED TO IT

AND ITS NOW UNUSEABLE THANKS TO CONSTANLY CHANGING .EU DOMAINS

I HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH ANY .EU ENTITY.
    LET ME BLOCK THESE TOP LEVEL DOMAINS NOW!

This was posted almost a year ago but Outlook has done nothing yet. May be their programmers are smart enough like at Google and Yahoo.

• Wouter van Toor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently I am receiving lot of SPAM mail for which only the start of the domain changes slightly. Here an example of a domain name where only the end remains the same:
    - xlwb.serpens.club (full mail address: from@xlwb.serpens.club)
    - zectu.serpens.club (full mail address: from@zectu.serpens.club)

And these are just two examples, because I have had countless of these. For example, from senders from@wikh.lepus.club and from@myzzq.saclateni.trade, and countless other senders of these domain names where only the beginning always changes slightly, while the end always remains the same.

Previously the domain name (part after @) always remained the same and only changed the part before the @ sign. Blocking the domain name was the only action that was needed to get rid of it. Now this is unfortunately no longer the case.

Is it also possible to block all domain names that end with "serpens.club", "lepus.club" or "saclateni.trade" ??

• GaRRyC@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello.

I have a really great suggestion. It concerns the ability of hotmail/outlook to BLOCK whole domains from spam/junk senders.

Often I notice spoofers use the same domain name but change their prefix. For example.
    12345@domain.club
    67890@domain.club
    24680@domain.club
    13579@domain.club

To stop this continued repulsive activity in their tracks, when we mark the email as SPAM & BLOCK - how good it would be if the Developers & Programmers had the option of:

"You have chosen to block this email, do you wish to block the whole domain. BLOCK whole domain? Y/n"

Now they do not even bother changing the email address or domain because Outlook stopped blocking them from our junk folders.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's 2019, how do we not have basic functionality such as wildcards to block domains? This was a feature 10 years ago, how have we regressed in functionality?

• E B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WOW

Blocking all sub-domains from a flagged top level domain is such a basic function, which many other email services provide, that not having it gives a whole new meaning to incompetence. :((

I keep getting mails from :
    Lightinthebox.com <Noreply-service@lightinthebox.chtah.com>

I tried to unsubscribe few times - each time it say it was successful and the next day i still keep getting spam from them ! tried to mark it as block and spam and it still get into my mailbox every day please make them stop

Kind regards Jacob Bulmash

The amount of junk mail has increased tremendously and blocking does them does not help!

• CHARLES HUBER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to stop all these sub domains. Blocking does nothing at all. You block one and you get it from another domain and twice as many. It is out of control. What can you do about this?

• Poopenshnapples commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an option with the word "Block" that doesn't block.

Block sender, domain and "If address contains"

All of these do absolutely nothing! :D

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

The new Outlook.com: Chat

Feedback and Knowledge Base