OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

It's a mess.

It's a mess. Someone went wild with the crayons. I'm an adult; I want my emails to be displayed in clean, clear and succinct manner. It's Email, not the next great novel. Stop trying to fix what isn't broken. The old hotmail was clean, and now I'm dealing with Focus and Other - sheer idiocy, so don't make worse than it is!

217 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hilary Mae shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking time out of your day to try the new Outlook.com experience as well as providing feedback!

Since you have left this feedback, we have introduced a lot of additional settings that will allow you to configure the experience to be closer to the classic Hotmail/Outlook.com experience.

To get started click on the Gear in the top right.

From there you might want to Disable Conversation View, Reading Pane, Sender Photos, Attachment Previews, Group messages by date, and Focused Inbox.

Once you have those off it should look much more like the older experience.

Hope this helps, and please keep the feedback coming!

David Los

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • HollywoodRML commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's still a mess. The switch to round circles and whatever behind the scenes that makes the page load is bad. When you're trying to delete emails, the circles are not the best method for checking off multiple emails. Also, every other email I write ends up being saved as a draft while the page takes me back to my In Box...WTF???? It's SO annoying.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First off: I didn't post the comment It's a mess and you sent me an email with this comment as if this was was mine. Basically, you're not paying attention!! Your new outlook needs fixing, it's slow, reloads the inbox over and over, takes twice as long to just open the email message, more time to delete multiple emails. Subpar only partially describes this so called improvement. Bring back the Classic version. You're not providing any options that make sense.

• HollywoodRML commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

David, there is NO doubt that whatever you did has slowed down the pages loading. I'm waiting twice as long for scanned documents. Twice as long for folders to load. It's the graphics. I don't need a degree in computer science to figure it out. Nothing has changed. My speed and connection are "excellent." Your product has changed. And it's subpar.

This needs to be fixed.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base