OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Restore ability to create alias with hotmail.com -domain

Years ago it was possible existing users to create alias with "hotmail.com"- or "outlook.com" -domain. Now it's only possible to create alias with "outlook.com"-domain.

However new users (becoming Microsoft Account users) can choose their first email address between "hotmail.com" or "outlook.com" domains. I think this is unfair!

Please, give existing users ability to create new aliases with "hotmail.com" -domain so users can choose between "outlook.com" or "hotmail.com" -domains.

92 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I change my email <myemail>@outlook.com back to my old <myemail>@hotmail.com? My son did something on his xbox with my hotmail account and now my <myemail>@hotmail.com changed to <myemail>@outlook.com. Please Help! How can I change it back?

• sud Malhotra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

David i had an alias which has been deleted and i am not aware of that. people have that hotmail.com email address for myswelf and anybody who is using t hat email they are getting an undelivered message.
    please advise this is really important.

• James Haviland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my account I have an old hotmail.com address as well as a newer hotmail.ca alias and a brand new outlook.com alias. I want to keep these addresses separate in case I ever need to get rid of one. The people I have given my outlook.com address to, I don’t want knowing of the other two. This would be why I would want the ability to select which one is seen.

• Trudi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have used Hotmail before outlook. Scary part was trying to change email associated to xbox and ended up losing the Hotmail account and was told no way to get it back. Messed up! especially with everything tied to email and that account is now "gone".

• Higor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been a while since last Admin feedback. Can we get any info about this problem? Is the solution in progress?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's unfair for new users to get legacy email addresses @hotmail.com and existing users to not begin able to add an alias

becuse new microsoft accounts can get a hotmail adrees and existing accounts cant

''I am reviewing this request to see the feasibility. However, in the meantime, can you respond back with why you rather have the hotmail.com domain instead of outlook.com?
    ''

its unfair to allow new customers to get @hotmail.com account when they are registering for a microsoft account and not allow existing microsoft accounts to add an @hotmail.com allias

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strange that if user create new Microsoft Account, he/she can choose to make email address with outlook.com- domain or hotmail.com -domain. But if existing customer want to add new alias to his/her account, only outlook.com -domain is possible. I think this is unfair!

Please, let existing customers make alias with hotmail.com -domain!

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base