OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Shrinking emails!!

the ads cause the email to shrink and makes it very hard to see the email. could you please remove the ads on the right side. Thanks

244 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

david shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • scottedwards2000@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check out Yahoo's free email for a fair way to address this problem and still make money -- there is a small arrow on the left of the ad that allows you to temporarily hide the ad so you can read the email better. The ad comes right back when you switch to the next email, so you have to click it again (which means you have to look at the ad). This seems like a fair balance between user and advertiser interests.

• scottedwards2000@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check out Yahoo's free email for a fair way to address this problem and still make money -- there is a small arrow on the left of the ad that allows you to temporarily hide the ad so you can read the email better. The ad comes right back when you switch to the next email, so you have to click it again (which means you have to look at the ad). This seems like a fair balance between user and advertiser interests.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NO APARECEN MIS CORREOS DESDE HACE DOS DIAS-. NI LOS ENVIADOS NI RECIBIDOS. PAGINA EN BLANCO.

• Marvel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with David, but it not only causes that issue, but even when I close my list (inbox, sent, etc.) I still cannot widen my email box as much as I'd like. The reading pane doesn't have to take up that much room.
    I understand it's a free service, but could you at least make the ad pane smaller?

• nicole rascle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the email police shrinked considerably, I cant read my emails
    removeing the ads on the right side would be appropriate
    Thanks

Move the ads back to the right side of panel. It is interfering with reading and opening emails. Get rid of the 5G ad which blocks most of your folders. This layout is aggravating. Can't access your email. Ridiculous!!! Your email has become extremely poor quality!

• Penny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't even see my emails and I just made a new resume - I'll have to delete this email address or I won't even know when I've received a possible job offer.

cant read my email because of the adds on the r/h side may have to change emails and make this a secondary one. kind of a shame had this one for years use to be Hotmail not out look was great then. would like to see adds moved else where.

• cristivig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do I have to put up with the ads? This is a free version, your making money out of the ads is only YOUR problem, not mine. The ads are disgusting and hinder visibility. They are a real nuisance! Why on earth did you impose this beta version on us users? It's not functional, apart from being horrible, to say the least!
    Cristina (Argentina)

• Artem Polivanchuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, and most users agree with it.
    It's so annoying to have such advertising model being implemented in Outlook.com.
    I believe there could be a much better and less annoying way to have the adds in modern service.
    I don't mind to have some adds in order to use free email and I hope that you reconsider the current way of delivering it to end user.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base