OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone?

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone? It is no longer available under the "Move to" drop-down menu. I used to be able to open an email message, choose "Move to", then choose "Move all email from", it would auto-fill the sender from the selected message, then I would select a folder, and it would sweep my inbox and move all emails from that sender to a folder. I no longer see that option. The "Sweep" option only gives an option to delete. Very frustrating!

113 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pat Swatek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

116 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a lot of mails. I want to move them from the inbox. I can mark all the mails. But when I try to unmark one this mail is chosen instead and all the others are unmarked. Ok, so if I then move the ones that I want to keep in the inbox to a temporary folder and then mark all the mails in the inbox, I still can't move them by dragging and dropping or any other way. I simply can't move a lot of mails to another folder. I only have a lot of mails because outlook sent them all to my inbox when I tried to connect another mail address to this one. A mail address which have been connected previously but which outlook lost connection to. Not very impressed.

• Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't like beta as I could no longer click go to : Move to: then : Move ALL emails from: & then pick a folder that i had made.

The new version only lets me move them to delete.

Before I could make rules and organise my emails into folders I had made.
    That is a really important menu to me, it wold take forever without it.

The older version also seems easier to work in e mails as i can expand them to full page. Beta is more like an app & much more difficult to work on in windows as its smaller. The page won't expand to full page.

Please don't get rid of those menus to move & create rules.

• Jean Matheus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where I find the option to move an email and all equal future email to a specific folder? If It's not possible, I will go back to the not beta version.

• Robbie O. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant move my emails or select all and move all from messenger. This is a necessity for my work. I this the layout is nice, but there is a lot going on!

• jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the ability to move all search results for all specific emails to a special folder or a new folder I get to name. For example I searched for modelmanagement.com and I got all the results, but when I tried to select all emails from modelmanagement (in search results) but the option has vanished. This specific ability to search and move all to a special folder is one of three distinguishing features I loved about hotmail over all others. The second is the ability to filter all new emails from people I don't know are automatically sent to spam folder, that way I get to choose which senders I like and which I leave where they belong. There are others but these two are MAJOR draw for me to remain with hotmail.

• ben.j.taylor@live.com.au commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like the non-beta version I would like to be able to move all emails from a user to a specified folder.

Would also be good if additional criteria could be created for the move. I.e. contains a specified text.

E.g. Move all email from "noreply@example.com" where body contains "new forum topic" into "folder Forum->New Topics"

• Ulrich Laaser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in this beta but also in since about a few months im missing the feature to select all emails of the inbox folder and then be able to move this emails to another folder... at this moment i only have the option to delete or mark all emails as read or unread....

• Alfonso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to select ALL messages to MOVE them to a different folder. when you have hundreds of emails, it is a pain to do it 15 by 15. now I am the robot!

I have thousands of emails in my inbox. I'd love to be able to select all in my inbox and move to a new folder, or an existing one. Such an an archived folder.

I couldn't seem to do a bulk move of e-mail out of junk mail. When I clicked the button to highlight all e-mails, the function disappeared to move the e-mails to the Inbox.

• Patrick Donovan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I select multiple files I am no longer able to move all highlighted emails to move them to a folder.

• sunburntgalaxy@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to be able to select all and then select move to and move all the emails to a different folder at one time and now I can't find that option. This is a vital thing and important. Stop changing things every couple months it is ridiculous and isn't making things better.

• Filip Frącz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently when I select all messages in my inbox, I get an option to Mark All as Read, or Unread.
    How about Archive All?
    And Move All to a folder?

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base