OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone?

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone? It is no longer available under the "Move to" drop-down menu. I used to be able to open an email message, choose "Move to", then choose "Move all email from", it would auto-fill the sender from the selected message, then I would select a folder, and it would sweep my inbox and move all emails from that sender to a folder. I no longer see that option. The "Sweep" option only gives an option to delete. Very frustrating!

113 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pat Swatek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

116 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the non-beta, the MOVE ALL FROM does not work, and in the beta, it seems to have disappeared completely.

• portal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

doesnt have the option of "move all emails from... (always) to folder"

• Larry G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Move To" feature on the new beta version is not as good as the previous version. There needs to be an option for alphabetical listing. This is really a problem if you have a lot of folders, because there is too much scrolling to find seldom used ones. At least alphabetical listing is more intuitive and faster.
    Thank you!

• Chavez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It appears that the 'Move All' option has been removed from the Junk Folder area. That function, for me, is vital.

• jgersbach@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be able to Move all emails from selected email addresses in in box to a specific folder. This function existed in previous version. Liked it even better when it was part of Sweep function

• debrapitch@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I no longer see an option to "Move All" selected emails to a folder, with options of how to move them.
    I can set up rules for what to keep and what gets moved to a folder.

• italodirect@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Outlook.com Beta.
    Bring back the simple Move to -
    Sweep - Rule creation menu selection as in the original outlook.com. This how I can do all of the above when I get a new email in my inbox that doesn't have sweep rule....
    > Select email
    > Click on "Move to"
    > Click on "Move all email from ..."
    > Select "Move all messages from the Inbox folder and any future messages"
    > Select folder
    > Click "Move all"
    Email message has now moved to the new folder and sweep rule created for future emails in one. Now in the new beta version I need to do this in a two-step process by clicking on menu �Create Rule� function and then �Move to� function

• ES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the "move all" feature that was under the "move to" drop down, allowing you to click on an email and move all of the emails from that sender to a specified folder. Without it, organizing my inbox has become extremely tedious!

• Amr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the looks and the updates in the Beta version. The reason I switched back to the older version was that I like to organize emails and in the Move" drop down. I can't seem to find the options under the "Move All" option. Such as:
    Move all email from..
    or
    Move all except latest message.

In the old version, I was able to move all emails from the same sender into the same folder. I would just choose an email, then click the "move to" drop down and there would be an option to "move all email from." I would click on that then choose the folder and all of the emails from the same sender would be in the folder I chose. This was an exceptionally helpful feature - especially when I would let my inbox get out of control. I could move these to a folder, then quickly scan to see which ones were important, then delete or move them as needed. Please add this feature back in!

• Jesse Downing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook web has been incredibly annoying and difficult to use since it took away my ability to select all the e-mails in my inbox and move them to the folder of my choice. I despise having to open a separate e-mail client, download thousands of e-mails, and then wait over 15 minutes to move them all and have that change be universally acknowledged. PLEASE give me back this ability. I have used outlook for 8 years; this is all that I ask.

Can't easily find out how to move all new emails to a specified box. Went back to old version to update rules.

• henriquesalvador@hotmail.com.br commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not move all messages from one folder to another.
    To better organize our messages, it would be best to allow the free movement of emails between folders, including the option to move them all.

• Grace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only thing I do not like is not being able to have a certain email (subscriptions) permanently moved to a certain folder of mine ("Ads"). Add that assistance from the original to the beta and you've got a winner.

• Patrice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to move a message to an assigned folder after I read it so I would use"move all" after I have read the messages. I don't see that feature in the new version.

i am not see older and beta version having an option after selecting all mails Move to Folder_Name after selecting all mails move to option was hide please fix it

and problem in selecting mails some times pressing ctrl+ALt for selecting all mails inbox/junk folder only select few
    Please fix it we want select all mails and want an option move to,not junk,junk,..... other available all option in both junk and inbox folder

Managing received e-mails is not as good as before. You can no longer move all e-mails from one source and move them all to a specific folder in one go.

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base