OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone?

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone? It is no longer available under the "Move to" drop-down menu. I used to be able to open an email message, choose "Move to", then choose "Move all email from", it would auto-fill the sender from the selected message, then I would select a folder, and it would sweep my inbox and move all emails from that sender to a folder. I no longer see that option. The "Sweep" option only gives an option to delete. Very frustrating!

113 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pat Swatek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

116 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sixbees0001@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Missing "Move All From" to folder option.

I use this frequently. Now it is missing. When I want to move all emails from an address or new letter, I could select the email, then select "move all emails from" and move to a folder, set a rule or move to delete.

Missing menu

"Move to" -->> "Move all email from �"
    4 options missing:
    "Move all messages from the Inbox folder"
    "Move all messages from the Inbox folder and any future messages"
    "Always keep the latest message and move the rest"
    "Always move messages older than 10 days"

I REALLY WANT THIS MENU BACK! I like this much better than how sweep option is setup.
    If you want Sweep to be better: the options need to offer

Move messages from INBOX after 3 days to a folder.
    Then after 10, 30, 60 or 90 days, delete the messages placed in a folder.

These would be the most helpful for folks who want to sort mail and declutter the Inbox, but want to place items in a folder for later reading, but only keep the email around x days, and provide the option to offer 10 days, 30 days, 60 days or 90 days. 3 day and 10 days is just a poor programing and limited functionality.

Before Microsoft goes and makes changes, maybe you could contact some of us who have a lot of inbox rules to get best practice feedback. Being a data scientist as my profession, some of us know how we want to manage in-bound messages.

Please revise the Sweep and Move menus in the Outlook Online. Being a paying customer I should have some options to getting my feedback heard.

-- Tom & Sarah

• outlook_A5AD89DB0371548C@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please restore the functionality whereby I can create a rule to move all emails from a particular sender to a particular folder AND THEN run that rule immediately on my inbox. At present this is needlessly a two-step process.

• V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Missing find all (from email message) and move all options from old layout. The search bar and dropdown list of emails from sender address does not do all the same functions--and there's not even a convenient way to copy sender email addresses for pasting into the search bar. Some old instructions for beta indicates I should be able to "move all" after selecting the folder to move to, but I don't get the option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came to share my difficulty in the email, however I returned to the old mode to perform the task I did not get in the updated mode.
    Since I could not move all the messages of a certain group to the folder of his not having the option for this same creating the rule the other messages were not moved automatically as it is in the old version. So please insert this option to automatically send the msg to the folder that was requested in the rule will be very useful: D

• KB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moved back to pre-beta. The Beta is not working very well. One major flaw in Beta and before; When all messages have been selected in Inbox, the "Move To" function has been disabled. Why? The "All Delete" function is still active. Why can I not move my emails to a designated folder to keep my Inbox clean and manageable? This needs to be addressed soon. Thanks

• Sixbees0001@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Missing "Move All From" to folder option.

I use this frequently. Now it is missing. When I want to move all emails from an address or new letter, I could select the email, then select "move all emails from" and move to a folder, set a rule or move to delete.

Missing menu

"Move to" -->> "Move all email from �"
    4 options missing:
    "Move all messages from the Inbox folder"
    "Move all messages from the Inbox folder and any future messages"
    "Always keep the latest message and move the rest"
    "Always move messages older than 10 days"

I REALLY WANT THIS MENU BACK! I like this much better than how sweep option is setup.
    If you want Sweep to be better: the options need to offer

Move messages from INBOX after 3 days to a folder.
    Then after 10, 30, 60 or 90 days, delete the messages placed in a folder.

These would be the most helpful for folks who want to sort mail and declutter the Inbox, but want to place items in a folder for later reading, but only keep the email around x days, and provide the option to offer 10 days, 30 days, 60 days or 90 days. 3 day and 10 days is just a poor programing and limited functionality.

Before Microsoft goes and makes changes, maybe you could contact some of us who have a lot of inbox rules to get best practice feedback. Being a data scientist as my profession, some of us know how we want to manage in-bound messages.

Please revise the Sweep and Move menus in the Outlook Online. Being a paying customer I should have some options to getting my feedback heard.

-- Tom & Sarah

• cdmalata@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE EMAILS FROM ONE SENDER INTO ONE FOLDER, ALL AT ON GO AS WAS THE CASE IN THE REGULAR OUTLOOK VERSION.

• Scott Juchartz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have removed the option for "move all" when selecting a folder for Move To. This is not helpful and so far I am not impressed with the new version. It is far slower than the old version.

• Victor Carneiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to the bulk move feather? I liked the move all email from <> to folder <>. It doesn't seem to be there anymore.

• Shubhanshu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The previous Outlook interface had "Move all email from ..." option under "Move to" list, but in the new Outlook there is no such option, and if there is one such then it is not easily accessible. The new interface in "Sweep" menu has options only to delete messages.

The beta is coming along nicely, but one very handy feature is missing... In the current (not beta) version, the "Move to" menu has a "Move all email from..." option at the bottom, allowing me to move not only the selected message but also any other Inbox messages from the same sender to a specific folder. This is very handy when receiving multiple messages from the same sender. Please bring this feature back!

Hi,
    The new Beta version has no the usefull option of "MOVE ALL EMAIL FROM".

• dfrais commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 'move to' function in the old version lets you move all emails from the sender you've selected ("move all emails from..."). Beta doesn't give that option.

• ronald.ngatuni@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Move all from user@server.com , where is the functionality to move all email from a specified user and create a rule at the same instance? I notice there is a create rule toolbar on the email itself but when i created the rule, it never ran for the email already in the inbox folder, which resulted into me moving them all manual, the old version of outlook.com, allowed for move all function with ability to create rules. Is that functionality missing, i keep finding myself going back and forth between the outlook beta and the non-better one just to use that functionality

Two issues i have noticed in this beta version.

1) I cannot change sub folders into Single Folder only. By mistake i moved one of my folder into another folder so that folder becomes sub folder and when i tried to move it back as normal folder i was unable to perform the same. So i switched to your previous version and moved that folder as it was earlier.

2) It's not possible to move all the messages at once from one folder to another. After selecting " Everything in this Folder is Selected" do not get option to move all selected messages into another folder.

Please check, For more clarification please mail me at pranshul44@hotmail.com

• gilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When filtering email on sender, I miss the option to select all emails in that specific sender-filter, so I can move them to their appropriate folder instead of still having to select them all.

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base