OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone?

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone? It is no longer available under the "Move to" drop-down menu. I used to be able to open an email message, choose "Move to", then choose "Move all email from", it would auto-fill the sender from the selected message, then I would select a folder, and it would sweep my inbox and move all emails from that sender to a folder. I no longer see that option. The "Sweep" option only gives an option to delete. Very frustrating!

113 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pat Swatek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

116 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to the ability to "move all from" a contact to a folder destination?

• akasrg@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back "Move to > Move all email from" to Outlook.com. Despite the "Organize your inbox..." help page saying that "Move to > Move all email from" exists in the beta, it does not, and never has been. And now my account has no way to go even back to the older Outlook.com that did have "Move to > Move all email from". So how do I move all email from a particular sender? Please bring back this feature.

You use to have the MOVE ALL feature - you could select an email from a certain person and MOVE ALL from that person to a folder.

I know you can set up automatic rules, but I want to read them in my Inbox before they are moved. I used the feature multiple times a day and am really disappointed that it is gone to help keep my inbox cleaner.

• KM.Anthony@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to move emails from the inbox to a designated folder... I want to move all emails at once from one specific sender to a designated folder. I use this feature all the time to help me organize my emails! Please put this option back on!!

Where is move all email with @domain.com function in this beta version, which is fantastic to move daily emails all at once to a specific email folder.

• J C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Microsoft, where is the option to move all email once from the same sender to a folder? I use that option a lot and it's not available anymore with the new design. What gives?

• k1g9@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to move all messages in my Inbox to a particular folder, but when I select them all, the "Move to" button disappears, and all that's left is "Mark as Read/Unread" and Delete. Please make the full set of options available even when all messages are selected.

I miss the "Move to" button with the "Move all email from..." option to set up a rule. I switch out of the beta version every time I want to use this.

I miss the "Move to" button with the "Move all email from..." option to set up a rule. I switch out of the beta version every time I want to use this.

• ### commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is No "Move all emails from..." in "Move to" menu so that I cannot use new interface.

Why in every downgrade...you call it an upgrade...why do you CONSTANTLY take good things out? There used to be a way to click on 1 email and move ALL of those emails to a certain folder. If there's a way, it's in a stupid place. Could you please put it back.

• a10nis@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Move All From - The old interface had a way to allow us to move all messages from a given recipient to a folder without creating a permanent rule. That was very useful and sometimes I switch interfaces just to use it.

• Maggie Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New beta Hotmail interface does not offer "Move all e-mail from..." feature under "Move To" drop down menu. According to help instructions for beta version, that option should be on that drop down menu. Someone has screwed up and this needs to be fixed to match the user manual. I use the Move all feature a lot to group multiple e-mails from one or more senders into a folder where they can be saved and reviewed together. I will not use conversation views as those are too confusing and may not include all the related e-mails I need to have together. Move all is a very important feature and needs to be in the new interface if we have to keep it. I would really prefer to scrap the beta and go back to traditional Hotmail interface.

• Sixbees0001@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Missing "Move All From" to folder option.

I use this frequently. Now it is missing. When I want to move all emails from an address or new letter, I could select the email, then select "move all emails from" and move to a folder, set a rule or move to delete.

Missing menu

"Move to" -->> "Move all email from �"
    4 options missing:
    "Move all messages from the Inbox folder"
    "Move all messages from the Inbox folder and any future messages"
    "Always keep the latest message and move the rest"
    "Always move messages older than 10 days"

I REALLY WANT THIS MENU BACK! I like this much better than how sweep option is setup.
    If you want Sweep to be better: the options need to offer

Move messages from INBOX after 3 days to a folder.
    Then after 10, 30, 60 or 90 days, delete the messages placed in a folder.

These would be the most helpful for folks who want to sort mail and declutter the Inbox, but want to place items in a folder for later reading, but only keep the email around x days, and provide the option to offer 10 days, 30 days, 60 days or 90 days. 3 day and 10 days is just a poor programing and limited functionality.

Before Microsoft goes and makes changes, maybe you could contact some of us who have a lot of inbox rules to get best practice feedback. Being a data scientist as my profession, some of us know how we want to manage in-bound messages.

Please revise the Sweep and Move menus in the Outlook Online. Being a paying customer I should have some options to getting my feedback heard.

• Sixbees0001@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Missing "Move All From" to folder option.

I use this frequently. Now it is missing. When I want to move all emails from an address or new letter, I could select the email, then select "move all emails from" and move to a folder, set a rule or move to delete.

Missing menu

"Move to" -->> "Move all email from �"
    4 options missing:
    "Move all messages from the Inbox folder"
    "Move all messages from the Inbox folder and any future messages"
    "Always keep the latest message and move the rest"
    "Always move messages older than 10 days"

I REALLY WANT THIS MENU BACK! I like this much better than how sweep option is setup.
    If you want Sweep to be better: the options need to offer

Move messages from INBOX after 3 days to a folder.
    Then after 10, 30, 60 or 90 days, delete the messages placed in a folder.

These would be the most helpful for folks who want to sort mail and declutter the Inbox, but want to place items in a folder for later reading, but only keep the email around x days, and provide the option to offer 10 days, 30 days, 60 days or 90 days. 3 day and 10 days is just a poor programing and limited functionality.

Before Microsoft goes and makes changes, maybe you could contact some of us who have a lot of inbox rules to get best practice feedback. Being a data scientist as my profession, some of us know how we want to manage in-bound messages.

Please revise the Sweep and Move menus in the Outlook Online. Being a paying customer I should have some options to getting my feedback heard.

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base