OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone?

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone? It is no longer available under the "Move to" drop-down menu. I used to be able to open an email message, choose "Move to", then choose "Move all email from", it would auto-fill the sender from the selected message, then I would select a folder, and it would sweep my inbox and move all emails from that sender to a folder. I no longer see that option. The "Sweep" option only gives an option to delete. Very frustrating!

113 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pat Swatek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

116 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CLYNNROB@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why can we bulk select the move all email from "______" to and select the folder to move all? I have to now go through the messages one by one to move them. This new version is NOT user friendly at all.

• Hans Michiels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Sir/Madame,

I have all emails of a folder shown.
    When I select one (or multiple one by one) the menu has several options such as "Archive", "Move to" and so on.
    When I select all messages at once (and possibly deselect some after that) the menu is suddenly extremely limited to "Delete", "Undo", "Mark as unread" and "Mark as read". Why is this? I want to move messages in bulk to an archive folder, now I have to select them one by one to get the full menu. I think this is extremely annoying, especially because the menu exists but a developer seems to have decided that it is not needed when you select all messages :-(
    Could you please inform me if this is something that will be changed in the near future?

Best regards,
    Hans

• Hans Michiels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Sir/Madame,

I have all emails of a folder shown.
    When I select one (or multiple one by one) the menu has several options such as "Archive", "Move to" and so on.
    When I select all messages at once (and possibly deselect some after that) the menu is suddenly extremely limited to "Delete", "Undo", "Mark as unread" and "Mark as read". Why is this? I want to move messages in bulk to an archive folder, now I have to select them one by one to get the full menu. I think this is extremely annoying, especially because the menu exists but a developer seems to have decided that it is not needed when you select all messages :-(
    Could you please inform me if this is something that will be changed in the near future?

Best regards,
    Hans Michiels

• Mohamad Aknan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please get back the move all function. Why you're missing it? I like the idea of searching a folder by typing, but without move all it doesn't make sense.

• shortcake_02@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My "move all email from" moving forward is no longer there. When I try to "create a rule" it doesn't work either. It's been throwing a lot of legitimate emails in my junk email box. Not happy.

• martinz@outlook.dk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the old layout you could choose "Move all mails from..." and then all mails from the selected mailadress would be moved to the chosen folder. You could then choose "Move all mails from the folder <name>, and move all future mails". So it would move all mails already in that folder and create a rule for future mails, you can't do that in the new layout. Now you can only create a rule for future mails.

• J Tull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did you guys remove the 'move all' feature that would sweep the emails to a specific folder? That was such a great feature - it was removed before - apparently a bunch of people gave feedback and it was reintroduced - and now after this last update its gone?! What are you guys doing?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using Outlook.com on web browser and have been forced onto the beta version.

I am trying to move all emails ALREADY RECEIVED from a specific sender, into a folder. There used to be an option to "move all emails from..." but this feature has been removed.

Please note: I am able to set up rules to move future emails - but my issue is with emails already received. I have to go through all the emails and select them one by one, and it takes ages.

I have been forced onto the beta version. It is all much, much slower now, which exacerbates this issue.

• Julie L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

There are a few things missing from the new design that are crucial to me; hoping these changes can be put back into the system. First one is that there is no longer a 'move all from' option under the 'move to' link. In order to organize my emails into folders, being able to move everything from one sender to a specific folder (versus moving every single email from one person), is a necessity for me, as I am sure it is for others. Also, when clicking on the circle to highlight below emails (for deleting, sweeping, etc.), it highlights ALL of the emails in the Inbox versus just the emails on the screen, making it very time consuming to go through and make sure that the correct emails are going to be deleted/swept/etc. Please help as these are two options that are pertinent to my email experience!

• Allan Brunner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please re-instate the "Move all emails from" option that was at the bottom of the drop-down dialogue box in the Move option on the ribbon. This was so easy & simple to use to quickly cull the inbox and transfer emails.

• John Michael Grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked the feature in the Outlook Classic that I don't see now, in which: If I checked an email from Home Depot, for example, I was given the option to move or copy all emails from Home Depot to a folder.

• luke tomasello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old version allowed "Move To" to optionally move all similar messages to a folder, so for instance I could Move To all my BofA email en masse to my Finances folder.

This is now gone and you must move each separately.

• Louise Ingebrethsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not able to 'Move All E-mail' from one sender in one quick easy step like the older version Outlook had. When I check off an e-mail from one sender and then click on "Move To" there is NO "Move All E-mail From" option anymore. Can you please fix this problem. In the older version of outlook all we had to do was just 'hover' over a particular e-mail and the small window would pop up with about 4 options to choose from,......"Delete All E-mail From"......."Move All E-mail From".......and 2 other options that I can't remember. Please, please FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!

• Louise Ingebrethsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot "Move All E-mail" from one particular sender anymore. There is no "Move All E-mail From" option anymore !!! When are you guys going to fix this ?

• Bonnie Burton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hiya! I was just wondering where the "move all" feature went as it is terribly tedious to organise my inbox with out it. Thanks in advance.

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base