OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone?

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone? It is no longer available under the "Move to" drop-down menu. I used to be able to open an email message, choose "Move to", then choose "Move all email from", it would auto-fill the sender from the selected message, then I would select a folder, and it would sweep my inbox and move all emails from that sender to a folder. I no longer see that option. The "Sweep" option only gives an option to delete. Very frustrating!

113 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pat Swatek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

116 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't figure out how to "Move all from this sender to folder." The new layout is much harder to use.

I can't select all messages in my Focused folder and then move them in bulk to another folder. The "Move To" option disappears after I select all. When I move a couple manually, and then try again, it appears again and I can move all. I haven't really found a great reproduction path yet, but it might have to do with the amount of emails in my inbox at the time of selection.

• Carsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the Context Menu Entry "Move all Mails from this Address to Folder XX"

• Jason Liu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To mu surprise, the "Move all email from..." under the "Move to" drop-down menu is back today! I really got annoyed after I was forced to use the new version without the "Move all email from...". Thanks!

One more thing though, please remember the previous folder selected in the "Move To:" dropdown box on the popup window, which is what the old version does. Thanks!

Where is my comment. More time wasted. Why bother. I will just start using my Gmail account Microsoft is getting worse, not better and waste people's time pretending our opinion matters. Beta, what a joke. No options and no choice.

Forget beta. I will have to start using another email service. Such a waste of people's time, having to figure things. such as switching back and writing this review/complaint. Dang Email was changed to beta, unannounced right, right smack dab in the middle of my work day. I turn my back and turn around and was shocked at the unannounced and change. It is slow, bloated, cumbersome and not all appealing. It may appeal to a juvenile or a student, but not for an adult, I don't get the need for change. I would like the option to switch back gut MS is forcing it on me since they did not provide the toggle. I transferring my email to Gmail, which is what most of my co-workers use as well

• lwjmartin@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4th time I've tired to do this. It just disappears before I finish. My suggestion is to ask before just updated someone's computer. I don't want this update. Updates are not always better. In the "move to" tab, I use to be able to ask it to "move all" and now with the update, I have to do it one at a time. How is that better??

• Bharat Vashi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

System MacOS High Sierra
    Browser Safari ver. 12.0

--------------------------------------

The following is not working when reading an email and trying to create a Move rule. It is not working, because the under the 'Move To' menu, the 'Move all email from ....' is not visible.

Move to

Move to lets you move email messages to a specific folder. For example, you can move all email from a specific sender from your Inbox to any folder you choose.

Choose an email message from a specific sender to move all email received from that sender to another folder.

Select Move to > Move all email from ....

A screenshot of the Move to button

Select Move to <Select folder> and choose one of the available folders.

Select OK > Move all.

--------------------------------------

Would really appreciate it if this can be fixed soon.

Thanks,

Bharat Vashi.
    Email. bivashi@hotmail.com

• Bharat Vashi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

The following option is missing from the "Move to" pull-down menu for email messages,

"Select Move to > Move all email from ...."

Can you please provide this functionality again?

Thanks,

Bharat Vashi
    Email. bivashi@hotmail.com

Not very much liking, look and feel and missing some of the features like Move all or Move emails with corresponding email id's to a folder option from previous version.

Please include the "Move all from" feature in Outlook Beta. Beta is supposed to be better than Classic and there is no reason to remove this very useful feature. Perhaps this feature is included and has been renamed or moved to a different menu location. If so, please let me know.

When I search for e-mails for a certain person...those results come up.
    HOWEVER, the box at the top to select all the messages is missing. In the past, if I search for John Smith....all his el-mails come up and I can then click the box and move them all out of my inbox and store them in a separate particular file

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base