OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I dislike the colours and the format of the new beta version. I would like my old version back. I should have the choice. Why do I need

Do not need colour circles. Just simple email! Should have the choice.

126 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jzimmz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this, about the colors and format of the new beta version.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get rid of those horrible colored circles with initials next to each email OR give us a way to choose not to have them!!!! They take up valuable space for nothing and are distracting!!

• Simply Susie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new Beta version screen has enough "jiggle" to it that it triggers my motion sickness. I can no longer read my emails, you jerks!

• Jerome Desilets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is with the idea of using color-coded initials before each email. * GARBAGE - KINDERGARDEN STUFF
    WASTED SPACE .... **** (shall I go on?) system turning to s^&*t

I'm extremely sensitive to colors. How do I get rid of the colored circles in the inbox?

• KE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. To everything that's been said on this thread. Please give us the option to go back.

• T B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The change of the colour of my account icon is very distracting and ruins the "theme". It would be nice to be able to change this, either back to the way it displayed before or something neutral or a different colour.

• Mau Vasconcellos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New layout using colours is too ugly. Now I can't even differ old opened e-mals from new ones. Its all a colorful mess, in a negative way.

I do not like (at all) the new update for my inbox view in Outlook (Hotmail/Live). It's "color overload" for my brain with a freaking colored icon/badge for every single person or organization that emails me. Is there a way to turn those off? If
    not, I may move over to gmail, as this is very distracting. Makes me not even want to read or look at my emails. Please advise.

I'm not a fan of the big circles with initials preceding the emails. It may be more colorful, but the initials don't really add any value or organizational usefulness, but more importantly, their presence has caused a greater degree of vertical spacing which is irritating to me because I can see fewer e-mails listed on my screen.

I work diligently to keep my inbox read and well-managed; proof of that to me (with its corresponding satisfaction) is maintaining less than a page of emails in my inbox. With this new format, the ability to do so is practically eliminated since now only fifteen e-mails fill up an entire screen. Please eliminate the needless colored circles/initials to compress the spacing more.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new, larger bubble, with Outlooks own initial of the sender, is really distracting! This new name bubble takes up to much space, and their shifting colours distracts and draws focus away from the actual list of emails. Would really like to go back to the previous layout.

• sylvain Winge Pasquet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of the colored icones and initials of the contact person, it is very cluttered on the interface and very disturbing to look at.

• Richard Corcoran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The color blob doesn't matter. It takes just as much space. They made it so you can get rid of the color blob, but it still takes all the space. :(

• bestdad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MAJOR COMPLAINT: This new display format of Hotmail makes it more difficult to quickly scan for unread emails, not enough contrast to distinguish. This backward step is stupid. Need to remove the colored circles, they increase the space taken of each line, it was better to have them compacted to improve scrolling through things. These colors are distracting, WHAT IMPROVEMENT IS OFFERED BY SEEING A LARGE INITIAL ???? NONE.

• alanazon1@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must have option to get rid of stupid coloured bubbles in front of each message. Stop letting your graphic designers interfere with usability. Seriously, this new UI looks like the head graphic design person murdered your head UI design person and shat all over Outlook. UGH.

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base