OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Full Inbox Please!

I want to see my full inbox in chronological order, I don't want outlook to automatically try to filter it

222 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

West shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I would like to personally thank you all for using outlook.com and for providing all of the great feedback.

I wanted to just drop you a note about the request for being able to see the inbox in a single view, not in the focused other view. We actually do support that right now.

To disable Focused Other follow these simple steps

1) Login to your outlook.com mailbox
2) In the top right there is a Gear icon, This is settings click it.
3) This opens up the quick settings view. From here you can disabled Focused Inbox.

Once you have it disabled you will go back to the old view where everything is in a single Inbox view.

Hope this helps

David Los

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • law_order@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would like all my email to show in the in-box. Don't like the focused vs other email. It's difficult to find emails or even know if I am seeing them all. If I want to filter my inbox, I can. please don't filter it for me.

• matt_parent@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot view all of my most recent emails. Some of them appear, but others or hidden without explanation. I just want a chronological listing of all my emails - i.e. I do not want them grouped under "Today", "Yesterday", and "This month"

• mjdembski@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Rules no longer work, I can no longer trust that emails will come through correctly, too many end up as spam when they shouldn't and haven't for years

• J-N Vogelaar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!! Leave my mail alone and let me decide what's important and what isn't. Just keep your fingers off.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most the emails that are in focused group are phishing scams, not the emails that I actually want to view/read. Please allow us to choose what emails we would like to be in the focused group or not have the focus option at all.

Filtered Inbox is broken garbage, please just let me browse my emails chronologically as the default mode

• Happy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fill the page with the email list. Why small on the left hand side and the middle empty.

• india_pta@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new look is a nightmare. I do important things on the computer and this looks to be confusing. I need more information to show on the page and I need it in chronological order.

This platform is the worst. How come I can't find an email I've received 5 minutes ago. The emails showing are dated of 2016?. The only thing I need is my emails and I cant even reach them. I've been on hotmail for about 20 years now, and i'm seriously thinking on switching to gmail. I've had this trouble for about 2 years and nothing have changed. JUST GIVE ME MY EMAILS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER!

Please stop changing the appearance of my inbox. I hate the way that an email is always open now. I do not like the Focused and Other views. This is annoying. I prefer how on my phone, all my emails are in one chronological order. When I click on one it opens, and if I don't, then I don't have to view any of them. Please stop messing with the view, or put an option in to use a "legacy" view. This new view is too busy, makes everything smaller because you're trying to fit too much onto the screen, and just generally is annoying and makes me wish I didn't have this email linked to so many different accounts, because I would just stop using it because whoever the nut job is that keeps tweaking things clearly doesn't care for the actual performance of the site.

• bombercanuck@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to have my messages sorted in ascending date order. However, every time I load the Outlook site, my messages are always sorted in descending date order. I change it to ascending every time, but the next time I visit the site, it will automatically switch back to descending. Is there any way to correct this so that it won't change the order?

• Dakotacrowell@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Other way was better. I just want a chronological view of my inbox. I'm getting new mail and not even knowing it unless its "focused". Please bring back chronological view.

• Tiffany Leung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer to have most recent email (in the thread) showing at the top rather than bottom.

The emails order is completely messed up. If I'm part of a group email, the most recent email in the chain is right in the middle. The older emails could be above or below it.
    It is incredibly frustrating.

• Ahmad Kharrouby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish that the emails are displayed in a simpler manner as in the past, or at least users are given the option of emails list display in the simple old way, by chronological order, rather than accumulating emails fro a certain recipient under the same title, that is to add that the focused and other option is really disturbing and confusing, and because of this I am now checking the emails on my android phone app, which has became more convenient than the browser, the way that the emails list is displayed is truly disturbing, it makes us miss many emails and reply, please Microsoft, keep things simple, most of the email users are simple people, not software engineers, I am a surgeon, with so much computer experience and usage, and my default email is outlook, so please keep things simple

can't flip date order of displayed mail. It seems fixed at newest first, be useful to get oldest first

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base