OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

calendar colors changed

Why would you change the colors from one version to the next. Keep the colors the same in the new version.

52 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Franklin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for changing the colors to Bold much easier to notice events.

P.S. Please add CUSTOM reminder to regular calendar events the way it is on email reminders.

• brandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why cant there be a toggle between classic and the beta version?

• Abigail Welborn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to yellow? Also can you try to make colors consistent between versions? Purple on Android is pink on the web and vice versa and guys, this should not be that hard.

• Pascal Clausen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Text in email changes color to red or green, instead of remaining black. Could you please fix that? Thank you, Pascal Clausen

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am forced to make multiple calendars online so that different category events show as different colors on my phone app. I really don't need different calendars. It is just extra work.

• Philipp Hasper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I consistently misread the calendars of my colleagues because they change colors quite often. Even when only using outlook.office.com, the colors change when selecting/unselecting a calendar.

Keeping the colors persistent is definitely needed

• Lerch János commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Changing calendar colors is bad idea. People use the same calendar in different devices. I need the same colors on all devices. Changing the possible color set to something, where colors are not on other devices is very bad idea. I use the calendar on Windows Outlook, and iPhone. Only web is different.

• pvaryani@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In calender beta:
    1. add option to change color of events
    2. next day, previous day buttons are confusing in beta version, were good earlier

• Casey Kirchner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why change the color options for the calendar? Now the beta ones don't match those in my Outlook desktop program.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does the font color keep changing when I write emails? Every paragraph Is a different color. I hate this. Make it stop.

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base