OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I should be able to block senders and domains from my junk folder.

I should be able to block senders and domains from the junk folder--that's why it exists. Currently, I have to copy, then go to Settings, then paste. At least on a Mac, that doesn't work. I try to copy--it says to send to the clipboard, but when I try to paste, it pastes whatever I previously copied--not the email address. So essentially, I can't block anyone. This needs to be fixed now, as spam has greatly increased lately.

103 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

gordelmusic shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

You can block a user by selecting a message(s) and then:
- In the junk folder by clicking “Not spam” → “Block” in the top menu bar
- In any folder by right-clicking → “Block”
- On any email item by selecting More actions (“…” menu next to reply/forward) → “Block sender”

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jagadish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now adding domain name in the blocked sending list is not working properly. it's displaying like saved while adding the domain name, after when i search domain name in the blocked sender list the saved domain name is not listed or not available.

This is worst and i don't know where the domain name got saved.

your team need to give a best solution for this issue.
    Earlier we have an option to add domain name level block like
    Ex.
    @domainx.com, or mail123@domain.com

• dave g commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not good. It's too easy for them to change their name or IP address. In order to effectively reduce the junk, it's probably better to be able to block a range of #s like ###.### and all following numbers. Also being able to block words such as "KETO" in the sender's name or heading or subject matter.

• scatterbrainbimbo@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm bombarded weekly with HUNDREDS of US Junk emails about loans, diabetes, roof repair, ***** enlargement, US health insurance etc, etc. I'm in the UK so I'm utterly sick of it. Sort it out Outlook. There should be a way to block this junk, Pressing Block in the top menu bar does not block this rubbish ! Either sort it out Or add an option where we can block ALL USA emails. That will finally stop the junk mail. Thanks

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Safari on Mac Pro-only block is in "not junk" in the junk mail.
    using mac os mojave 10.14.2 -the newest os. fortunately I get few junk mails.

• Amanda Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the ability to block senders. I am so tired of all the spam emails . I am australian so why would I want emails about trumpcare.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a HUGE problem. I waste an hour a day combing through junk mail in case there is a legitimate email in my Junk folder because I can't BLOCK emails from my Junk folder. VERY annoying. A major flaw. You need to fix this. If I BLOCK a sender I don't want to see an email from this sender again...even in my Junk folder. It's all **** and I don't want to see it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Blocking junk is now almost impossible as you have to enter individual email addresses which is very time consuming.

• stranger401 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Junk & block mail .all you do is smoke weed and drink camel milk. You don't give a dam about us on outlook. SO camel jock sip

• Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I set higher filters on my junk mail? It's ridiculous!

• David Snowden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you let spammers with same domain addresses with different first names/numbers get thru when I was trying to block the domain addresses and it doesn't work????
    Very annoying to have to block and deleted the spammers emails.
    I won't recommended your Outlook services to my family and friends.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why am I still receiving emails from a blocked sender that I have blocked at least 20 times? The process to block senders and domains needs to be clearer and easier. It's getting really annoying now.

Outlook support have told me the following "

I apologize for any confusion caused, however, within Outlook.com - adding a sender to your Blocked Sender's List *only* blocks the emails from arriving in the Inbox. This is because a lot of the times senders are blocked by mistake and we have to have a way to retrieve these messages if needed. With them routing to your Junk Email Folder, they only hang out there for 30 days before they are deleted automatically. You don't even need to touch them, open them, or do anything with them for them to delete on their own."

What is the point of having the option to block the sender if it does not work? Please fix this so I can stop the multitude of spam mail being delivered to me.!

• WakkoWarner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Select all in Junk Email folder doesn't allow me to block all senders (button disappears). Fix it.

I want to be able to block senders from my junk folder. I do not want to open the emails so I can get the address to add to the blocked list.

• WakkoWarner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I use the Select All button in the junk mail folder, 99% of the time I can not get to the Block button to block all the senders at once. The Block button needs to be visible AT ALL TIMES and not buried in a submenu. Fix it. It is beyond annoying to have to select a few manually, block them, select a few more manually, block them, etc. I should ALWAYS be able to block ALL the email senders in the junk mail folder NO MATTER WHAT.

I agree. Other web email clients like Gmail allow you to right click on a message in your spam filter and through an applet add messages to either the block sender or block domain list without having to copy the email address then jump over t settings just to add a sender to the list. The methodology used by Microsoft in this web email client is not user friendly and definitely not efficient.

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base