OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I don't like it at all, I prefer the email instantly available to read like the old version, not having to open it up like the new one

693 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminMicrosoft Outlook (Feedback Manager, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

103 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Pourquoi vous désirez faire compliqué .... quand vous pouvez faire simple comme l'ancienne version" ?.... A PARLER TRES FRANCHEMENT.... JE NE COMPRENDS ABSOLUMENT PAS L'ETAT D'ESPRIT de celui (ou celle) qui a voulu changer cette version !..... Une simple fantaisie sûrement .... pour rompre sa monotonie de travailler probablement !... Eh ! Bien .... C'EST RATE !...... VIVONS EN TOUTE SIMPLICITE .... SURTOUT LORSQUE TOUT MARCHE A LE PERFECTION ......... C'EST LE SECRET DU BONHEUR !... POURQUOI VOULOIR CHANGER ?....... TRES BON COURAGE POUR LA BONNE REFLEXION.... enfin je l'espère !..........

IT'S BAD ENOUGH THAT YOUR NEWS IS COMMIE PROPAGANDA NOW YOU ***** UP YOUR EMAIL. GOOD BY OUTLOOK HELLO GOOGLE

• ALEXANDRE PINTIAUX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes indeed. Your new version is very complicated with priority and other messages. Who has decided about priority and other. Why to change when a system is working correctly ???? Have you a new IT Manager who wants to be promoted as a politician... No your changes are very bad...

The new Beta SUCKS!!! Stop screwing around with something that works. Give me the old HOTMAIL any day over what these college NERDS thinks works for normal people.

• bmcw@live.ca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My email no longer works at all. When I 'scroll down' suddenly all of my emails just flash on and off or disappear from the screen. I can't select an individual email to read or reply to. Microsoft sent me an email with a link however they said they don't know how to fix the problem permanently and there is nothing they can do once they converted my account to Beta.

• Lees76 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IN APP SUPPORT TEAM

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=853938

With this link you can switch back for one session to use the old e-mail system. There will be a help request window that will open and allow you to send a complaint, send complaint and close window popup and use the old outlook.live.com/owa/ system that works.
    Hope this helps, Lees76

• Lees76 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are still waiting for answers and repairs to the problems we are having with scrolling, missing move all tabs, rapid refresh, and other problems from the forced beta install of outlook as our e-mail browser.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-osearch/outlook-office-365-scrolling-issue/e4cd1aaa-0326-4459-9be8-429e1888f9bc?rtAction=1532027738860
    Still waiting for a call back that was supposed to take place between 10 am and noon today
    Outlook.com Support <olcsupport_issue_20180718222615870-3f71350cf30c985@olcsupport.mail.helpshift.com>

• Mary Hudson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more! The screen looks terrible, a big step backwards from how it was. Please explain how I can restore it to how it was, thank you!

• Carole kay Monaco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the old way. Also, I just opened a new account for my travel team and after 4 emails sent I was blocked for sending too many emails. I was also stopped from sending my one email to my 13 team members on one email.Now I have to wait until tomorrow to use new emai.

• Dez Cordero Coverdale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also I hate having my read panel to the right. I want it below. Please let me have it below. I won't use hotmail at all anymore if I can't have that option.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

simplicity is the best, do not make e-mails more complicated specially for seniors. Less is better, cleaner and faster to move around and less frustrating. Older version was indeed much better. Hope our comments are taken into account to make changes. Thank you

I don't like the new version at all.
    It's as confusing as gmail, which is the reason I never used gmail. I like the simple outlook version, it's very easy to use.
    At least give people the option to choose the version they want.

• Vicki Galecki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was TERRIBLE. I couldn't find my contacts or any sent emails. It also cut off a message I sent to someone. The WORST. Are you trying to mimic gmail and bury messages? I have stayed with hotmail because of the ease of use. Don't change it, please! P.S. and why do I have to subscribe and create yet another password to "subscribe" to post this opinion? You are making what should be easy very complicated.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base