OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Go back to old hotmail version - NO outlook

I dont like neither of the Outlook templates, the beta or the actual version. I use to love my hotmail template with my marks emails appearing first and everything most simple. Now with Outlook if I don't see it on my iphone, some of thenew emails that aririves to me doesn't appear in my home page and I have to look for them on "search" and and if it was not enough the "send" botton stopped working a few days ago and they haven't solve it so I cants send emails if is not trhough te awful beta version.

195 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Taina shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

107 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • mally128 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Title: GIVE US BACK OUR HOTMAIL: Give me back my Hotmail - Outlook is a disaster. "Tty again later" etc etc - NEVER happened with Hotmail. Get you act together please.

• V_Amendola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to switch back to hotmail as the current interface is painfully slow and is very frustrating to use!

• Carolyn Maxwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Options
    Settings
    Junk emails
    Blocked senders & domains

This DOESN'T NOT WORK FOR ME!!! I AM REALLY, REALLY TIRED OF OUTLOOK'S FINE TUNING OF THINGS, HOTMAIL WAS WAY BETTER. THESE NEW STEP DO NOT WORK - PLEASE GO BACK TO HOTMAIL!!!

• Noreen Byrne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm very frustrated with the new Outlook and want my original Hotmail back. Currently my emails send (if the send at all) in a jiggy sort of way! It is difficult to tell if they went out or not; I usually have to go to my sent file to be sure they went out and sometimes they haven't!. Cumbersome! Sometimes when I am composing emails they just plain disappear, sometimes I can find them in Drafts, sometimes they are no where to be found. I also don't like the "threads" of emails that are attached (also known as replies) from many people on the same email that I had sent out. Please fix these concerns or better yet give me back my original Hotmail format., PLEASE. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it was good till they wanted to charge for the premium account. Now it is useless pos.

• anon s.w.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

see why every1 now loathes outlook sent a small vid to someone,doesnt play on OutLk. DOES ON GMAIL tho !!!!! now there;s a surprise lol.. (thats on top of all the other now hideous inclusions on the vile Outlook Beta that has upset millions of users) and why I only use it sporadically/v rarely

they really should delete the whole Outlook thing and go back to hotmail ? THAT..was allround brilliant thats why i used it for donkeys years. ps oh and the theme backdrops are rubbish compared to Gmails fantastic photographic ones.
    and the contact name doesnt always come up when sending emails
    and...add 100 gripes to that of which I have literally lost count now. OH and do I miss all that flagged/pinned stuff on top of my mail NO I RUDDY DON'T LMAO (gmail have it very handily as a folder to the LH side.) superb all round service.

if I didnt need 100s of email addys' I'd NEVER use outlook as a choice nowadays

• iamlemkay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of complaints but it doesn't seem to change anything. It looks like Outlook Hotmail people just don"t care!

Start a anti Beta group so that we can ask Mr Gates to get rid of this horrible system .He is a good and sensible person and would sort out this mess in five minutes .

• estelahenkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please return my older emails including those c pictures and my income tax returns. Again, please return my email to my previous format. Thank you. (fyi: those are the magic words, please and thank you.)

• estelahenkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please return my older emails including those c pictures and my income tax returns. Again, please return my email to my previous format. Thank you. (fyi: those are the magic words, please and thank you.)

• Lyla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of a sudden today, on my iPhone, my hotmail account looks totally different...I hate it...I want it back like it was...if it doesn't go back I guess I will not use hotmail anymore...**** them...

• stupidmarkinyoureyes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of normal people want to acces their mail quickly, read it, and return to their buisines. Interface of email agents should be simple. What brings you to thinking that your customers are flock of idiots who don't have nothing better to do than to discover "fascinating new features" of changed interface of Already Slow Hotmail?
    --For normal people: Just paste this link in adress line and see previous interface of hotmail( as for today it worked):
    https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/classic

• Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know why I am wasting my time here, as it appears, no one is interested in our opinions. I am traveling and locked out of my business account and no help anywhere. Just telling me when it will be unlocked, which is 13 days away!! That is unreal! And I am traveling internationally, so my phone number doesn't work and they give no other options to unlock. Unbelievable!

I want my old hotmail style back.. please give us an option!

I do not like outlook. it is slow and often doesn't even open .My system worked much better before under hotmail.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Flakie P ,

Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base