OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

when send a new email and click on "To" the conctacts drop down shows but no contacts are listed

1) When I click on new message and then click on the 'To' a drop down shows up that reads 'my contacts' but when I actually click on the 'contacts' tab I got nothing! No list of contacts no nothing! So unless you have a superb memory and can remember the name of every single person in your contacts list your pretty much sol on the ole short cut of finding them. You have to actually click on the 'people icon' which opens another tab, then scroll through all the names til you find or recognize the one you need. So much fun.

2) Attachments no longer show up when you print the actual email that they were sent with. You'll love this....I have to hit print screen, open word, paste, then print it and attach to the email I printed if I want to keep a record of what the file name was that I downloaded and saved in the job file folders. HOORAY.

3) And the option to COPY an email from one folder to another has GONE BYE BYE as well. And NO ONE at outlook seems to know how to fix that one. I've had so many 'chats' with them and all I get is "we're sorry you're having this difficulty" and that's pretty much the end of any type of resolution offered.

So...thanks outlook for making my tasks take twice as long as they used to take and for the hours I've had to spend googling around hoping to find some way to fix all these things your ace designers decided to change or do away with.

I think you should change your name to 'LOOKOUT' so your users will be constantly aware that at any moment a millennial might say you know what...I don't like the send button being at the top anymore darn it....let's move it to a completely new location so the users have to hunt for it now....and let's move it to the completely opposite location of where the "new message" button is....because why would you want to have the 'new message' button close to the 'send' button...it's exhausting trying to keep up with some of the stupid things you all do!

50 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • catlover66 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here..just another customer wind up/fault..SOOO amateur...I literally am on my last tether with the new Outlook, have started to use the new gmail, and loving it. so am going over to that fully very very soon. The outlook addy now is a spare just for joining newspaper forums and mediocre sites that I dont even need to read emails about. /from.

• catlover66 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tbh it's easier just to use gmail, they're new version is amazing. very impressive. I won't now use my Outlook for main /work, it's now a spare, to be rendered defunct addy. sorry.

• WESLEY LAGOMARSINO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the contacts section to where our saved contacts pop up as we type their names in the "to", "CC", and "BCC" section of composing a new message. The current system is hit and miss at best. It's ridiculous for a company like yours to have been in business this long and to have these issues.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you create a new message and click on the "To" button, you don't see a list of your contact persons.

Furthermore, when you type a name in the "To" field, you don't get any search results.

When you create a new message and click on the "To" button, you don't see a list of your contact persons.

Furthermore, when you type a name in the "To" field, you don't get any search results.

Furthermore, when you type a name in the "To" field, ýou don't get any search results.

Furthermore, when you type a name in the "To" field, ýou don't get any search results.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm missing contacts in the beta version when I click on the "To:" button. Until this is fixed I can't use the new version.

• Gale Biers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I click on the "TO" button only contacts A-D come up. It will not page down any further.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I attempt to address a new email and click on "To:" , I only see a small box that says "My Contacts" and it is not clickable. If I click to the right of "To:", I see "Suggested contacts".

• Chris Rickards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just switched to the Beta.

If I compose a new message and click on the TO to pull up my contacts it shows "My Contacts" which is not clickable and I have NO way to select contacts to send to!

This is kind of an essential part of composing an email!

The new Outlook.com: Tasks

Feedback and Knowledge Base