OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

my junk folder is gone, so is my Focused and Others? Help!!!

Where are these folders? Did Microsoft change something the week of April 9th 2018??

734 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry people are experiencing issues here. We have gone back to the old behavior for the left-hand folder tree to always show since last year and we hope this has addressed most issues.

There are some reports in the comments about individual folders not showing up. In order for us to get to the bottom of the issue, please post as much detail as possible in your comments. What steps are you taking? Which browser/computer/operating system are you using?

Thank you for your help.

68 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Agneta Morch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have received a letter about renaming a folder called Junk. it is not possible to do it with the the suggestion in Help.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 3 email addresses on Outlook, two on hotmail and one w/ "@outlook.com" The latter suddenly disappeared from my folder list; it shows up on my phone app but not on the computer. what up?

• mlu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I lost ALL folders under "FOLDERS ON MY COMPUTER" in the unforetold change to the NEW Widows/Outlook . Many are a great loss to me...letters that were precious to me from people that are no longer alive.
    I am still finding the new Outlook to be cumbersome to use.
    The old version was so easy and pleasant to use. Why can't we go back to that?!
    Marylou Hoskins

• juliabella19@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening to me now in 2019!!! My "other" folder continues to disappear. Haven't heard anything from Microsoft Outlook folks!!!! Sent 4 messages at different times.

• Amy Lanset commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this a forum where you can actually get answers, or just folks posting the same problem over and over?

• Amy Lanset commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did my Junk email FOLDER disappear? Not just the messages in the folder, which I like to look over in case there is something important that went to junk mail...but the ENTIRE FOLDER is gone. Do not tell me to hover over the toggle button.

• Jm wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a tiny icon comprising 3 horizontal lines at the top left corner. Clicking it toggles between Displaying and Hiding Folders.
    If you just hold the cursor on it, "Toggle Left Pane" will show as the explanatory note. . If it is a long list of Folders, one needs to scroll down.
    (And of course with all this excess spacing for mouseless tablet users with fat fingers, that may be a nuisance.)

• teri g commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am missing folders too. Junk and not sure what else. Where did they go?

• Juan C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Necesito recuperar mi cuenta anterior, dado que por error la cree una nueva.Muchas Gracias

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Junk, sent items, drafts and other listings I use frequently have disappeared from the left side margin on the screen when I am sending and reading my email. Where are they. I need them back on the screen.

• vclayton321 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All bad reviews. Think you might have to get rid of this shamble. Your welcome, no need to thank me. gmail here I come.

← Previous 1 3 4

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base