OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Trouble with printing emails

When I try to print certain emails, it will only print what was in the inbox or the entire webpage as one page. Exiting beta allowed me to print only the email directly.

82 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BW shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thank you all for using the new outlook.com experience and for reporting feedback!

I just wanted to let you all know that over the last few months we have been working on improving and ensuring the print experience is working as you expect.

All of the known bugs and issues should be resolved. Please give printing another try. And as always, please leave any feedback you may have!

126 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Karyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can print an attachment but not the original email.
    Has anyone any idea how i can solve this problem

• GW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem as mrbianke. Print preview window appears using outlook.com on Safari. However printer dialog box does not appear when print button is then hit. Operating system is MacOS 10.14.5.

• GW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just like mrbianke. Print preview window appears on Outlook.com but the printer dialog box does not appear when print button is then hit. Doesn't work on some emails but does work on some others. Operating system is MacOS 10.14.5

• mrbiancke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since Outlook has been "improved", and there is not a "print" button. I go to the "..." more options button. The print button there opens up the the email as I want it to print, and a print button appears. When I click on it, nothing happens. Any help?

• rrjmaddmaxx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can't see entire message and will only print the entire page not just message itself

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not want the whole email list printed alongside an email I am printing... I want only the email itself... So I cannot get a decent email print now with the whole email list alongside.. Don't like this new look.. You may think you are improving the concept.. Instead, you are regressing into something most of us armchair computer people cannot handle... Don't keep "improving" things...

• nancerama@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The print preview function doesn't work like it used to. I cannot see the actual print layout before sending it to the printer. Previous version of Outlook allowed me to change print settings (orientation, print size [shrink to fit, 80%, etc.]) prior to printing. Please reset this ASAP.

• R. B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beta version is just plain amateurish. I can't believe that when I try to print out the email I have open it wants to print the folder pane as well. Does real Outlook do that? No.
    And not having the folder name in the top bar above the email list in a given folder is just plain unforgivable.
    Honestly, you people make it exceedingly difficult to remain a Microsoft customer.

Normal Outlook keeps freezing up when I delete an email, start a new email, go to a different file, delete attachment, scroll, in other words, almost always. Switched to the Beta, it is better but now it doesn't print. I need email to run my business. It sometimes takes me 15 minutes to send a simple email. I've been using my phone to do most of my work, works fine on my phone.

• LINDA WOESTENDIEK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's no print option on the emails. If I right click and hit the print option it does the entire page and not the email I selected. This is a lousy "update."

• Fi RAMSAY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

EMAILS WON'T PRINT!
    I hate the page showing up on the right, prefer the old format.

• ann hutchins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You've known about the printing problems for months and it's now November 2018 and the printing problems have still not been resolved!!! I have to forward my emails if they are long to my gmail account to print out. Very pxxxxx off.

Your print individual function does not work! Very frustrating. Have spent too long on this glitch and will move on to another email account since yours doesn't work.

• jill_bayliss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

printing pages of encrypted mumbo jumbo at times since change wasting sheets of paper!

• bjackson55@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pop up interfere with my readings on email and when I try to print instead of the information I want, I get the ads, the menu etc too much ink used for worthless information. It also makes the message print in a small window so the print is small as well.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base