OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Beta not good for me

The new version is not good because the many parameters and adjustable options of the old version have disappeared. I need to be able to set more than what is possible in the new version, as rules of messages, aliases, ....

306 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eric shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – First off, I just wanted to thank everyone for responding and providing all of the valuable feedback. More importantly I also want to thank you for using Outlook.com.

I did want to update everyone and let them know that we have re-introduced all of the options that were in the old experience. This took a bit of time, as we wanted to make sure we were designing simplified experiences for everyone.

Please keep the great feedback coming!

David Los

56 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • pharph1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Re-introduced all of the options in old experience"? No you did not. I still have to toggle to view folders every time I go into Outlook Mail. Rediculous that I have to toggle to view folders. The past versions viewed folders all the time. This is very frustrating, a Big Pain **********!!! If you re-introduced all of the old options from the old experience, I WOULD NOT HAVE TO TOGGLE TO VIEW FOLDERS ALL THE TIME. FIX THIS ALREADY! All you do is make your users jump through hoops to get you to keep the simple features that made Outlook easy to use. This is a difficult pain! Enough of your Microsoft BS already. FIX IT!!!!

• katiem0ss@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you have changed my email to beta, it is now completely unusable as the interface is awful! please change it back immediately. Thank you

• Vincent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, it is near disaster! Messy and hanging all the time.
    I have also lost apparently the access to the oldest of my emails, for several years!
    I hope, in these times of cloud, that I did not trust naively Microsoft servers to keep securely the archives of my precious emails for years...
    Hope all that will be fixed for good soon, really disrupting!

• ledicarus@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, the latest Gmail is FAR superior to this Beta mess. I think the classic hotmail/msn/outlook/whatever was just fine. If you can't copy the better guys (google) then don't try!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Beta is the same as a "Ransom-ware Virus" You can't get rid of it. It said "Try the new Beta" so I did and just like a Virus now I can't get rid of it. The tech support must be run by computer because it keeps saying the same thing; "I truly understand your frustration on this situation, however, if there is anything that I can do to assist you with our new display please let me know." They "Sidestep the question" from help removing it.

I have to throw the "you know what" flag on this matter. I would rather still be using the hotmail format that was easy and simple to use.

• Tanja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop pushing BETA version. It is not user friendly, much time is wasted undoing the Beta system's effort to kidnap the user. Please remove BETA icon from the screen, it keeps transferring my screen to Beta. Several times every day I have to undo this involuntary transfer to Beta.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The worst thing that I have ever seen is this Beta format of hotmail.
    What were you people thinging.
    If I do not get my Classic hot mail back, then Google and Mac will benifit from my services.

• lekweiling@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi there,

the beta version is very poor - to the extend that i cannot access my email for a while. it has been frustrating about it. i am glad i finally managed to turn off the beta bottom which i have tried for several times.

• shelby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I AM SO SICK OF THIS BETA THING. MY TOGGLE TO CHANGE IT HAS DISAPPEARED. IF IT DOESNT RETURN AND I AM STUCK WITH THE BETA, I AM CHANGING EMAIL PROVIDER.

• mrunalpoddar@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Outlook Team,
    I have been using Outlook mail for many years since it was msn hotmail. Your recent update named as Beta Version, isnt good but the worst I have ever seen, to be honest what I felt, I have shared my views.

As a suggestion, Please try to make your mail account features simply and easy to use such as Gmail. The new recent update of Gmail is Awesome to use and handy to keep writing mails.

Hope your understand my views and take the honest reviews in a good way as its a suggestion from an old user.

Warm Regards
    M. P. Poddar

• Kath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Beta hotmail is awful! Not user friendly, complicated to use, I hate how it organises everything especially the email chains! It's a COMPLETE visual and categorisation overload.

• paul.tito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem. Please stop it switching back to the beta version .... which is horrible!

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to check my email on my phone now because the Beta version of Outook/Hotmail is absolutely unusable. My emails don't load, I can't send emails, it's INSANELY slow, I can't even scroll down to look for old emails because it scrolls right back up to the top, and it's constantly loading and reloading the page. I HATE this new "improved" design. They broke something that didn't need to be fixed. Absolute TRASH.

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base