OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

How do I get rid of Skype notifications

How do I get rid of Skype notifications? Skype continues to ask me if I want to view conversations even AFTER I tell it to ignore them.
Specifically if I tell Skype to ignore conversations in one email session it closes the "Notify" box but if I close my email and then open it later on, Skype tells me I have more conversations (which I do NOT).
Tell Skype to get their act together!

33 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

dvd-1407 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to turn Skype OFF & remove it from my Hotmail account completely. How do I do this?

• pat yale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the most recent changes to Outlook the whole thing seems to have become a complete mess, with spam messages, "other" messages and genuine emails from contacts appearing at random according to your rather than my system. Every day Skype tells me I have an unread message although I have not downloaded Skype onto my computer. After years of happiness with hotmail/Outlook I am finally considering the move to gmail. Of course I'll get no response. There never is any. We're only the users, after all.

• dvd-1407 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any way to make that annoying SKYPE sound to go away when I log into my email?

• dvd-1407 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any way to make that annoying SKYPE sound to go away when I log into my email?

• FUNG YEUNG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the skype notification is really annoying while I cant see any message but it still say i have a notification!!!! pls fix the bug and i dun wanna give up outlook, thanks

Yes, yes, yes. This has got to go! Notification of nothing that will not go away! I have tried everything, disabling my profile, signing out of skype, but I still always have the ever present, irritating skype notification. I've gone back to old Outlook

• Vedranj@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove SKYPE from Outlook!!!!!!
    It keeps making sounds even when i turn off all notifications!!!
    FIX that annoying thing!!!
    PLEASE!!!
    PLEASE!!!
    PLEASE!!!
    PLEASE!!!
    PLEASE!!!

• Alec Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't clear the skype unread message notifications even after I have read the messages. Outlook continues to notify me that I have unread messages even after they are months old.

• patrick moriarty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the skype icon on my outlook blue banner/menu (top) keeps saying i have 1 message/conversation unread but when i click on it it shows 2 messages that are spam and i can't get rid of them. When i open skype it says i have no unread/open messages/conversations

• William Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The skype icon always says I have unread conversations no matter how many times I look at a message or "ignore" it. sort of annoying....

• William Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The skype icon always says I have unread conversations no matter how many times I look at a message or "ignore" it. sort of annoying....

• Steven Ingram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Skype notification that pops up at the top every time I load my inbox is ******* me off. It covers the first 2 email lines at the top and I cannot make it go away because I don't use Skype and it doesnt give me the option to remove and report the spam message that is on it or to permanently ignore it.

• kalmdown@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Skype notification experience doesn't work. It asks View/Ignore before you know who it is from. If you click View then there is no Ignore.

• tt78@live.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using the Outlook Beta option, when I use this i get a Skpye button in the top right hand corner of the screen.

I get a notification saying that I have a message and there is a notification count on the Skype icon of 1.

When I click on the skype icon I can see a message, when I click on the message it opens the skype message window from the user, however there is no message.

No matter what I do I cant get rid of the notification count and I keep getting the notification when I come back into outlook web.

Its somewhat frustrating.

Regards
    Tim (tt78@live.co.uk)

• mikevanoost@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep getting a message push notification from the built-in Skype app in Outlook. Unfortunately, the Skype message is a **** link from a hacked friend's account. I cannot delete the message, I can't close the Skype app, I can't do anything, and every time I sign in to my email I get the **** message push notification. How stupid is this?

The skype icon always displays that I have unread conversations which I do not believe I have. No matter what I try, can't seem to clear this notification.

• Stephen Hiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Outlook website/app, the Skype button in the top right keeps telling me I have a chat notification. But the notification is a spam message I received a year ago that I can't find any way to delete. This Skype integration is terrible and incomplete.

• chance.sweetser@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype says I have two notifications, but when I go to web.skype.com, there are no notifications. (whenever I open Outlook, it says I have notifications on Skype when I really do not.)

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Chat

Feedback and Knowledge Base