OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Advanced search

How do I do an advanced search in the beta? Specifically, how do I search by date?

274 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

gavin.d.bennett@outlook.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

165 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ ************, this fix does not help. You need to add the "date" option in the Filter drop down menu (as it was with Hotmail). Very disappointing product from Microsoft...

• s_duffield@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am absolutely fed up with my hotmail having been converted to 'outlook'. I can no longer search my email....unbeknowns to me....and have data and emails I must use to prepare tax returns for volunteer organizations in this email address as I had NO idea this was going to be changed and become a problem. You just keep acting as though your product is great and I can't get to any emails past Dec 2018!!! It won't scroll. I enter a date range in the search box...it won't search. There is NO 'advanced search' option with any down arrows I see mentioned on the web, there is no longer an ability to 'page' through, there is no longer an ability enter a date range on the calendar and have emails come up. Now, I'm in a panic just trying to get to the data. I have used hotmail from the beginning. I never dreamed I'd be in a position of being compromised like this. Can nothing be done?

• Lee Carr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How much longer do we have to wait for the Advanced Search? Aren't you guys meant to be 'agile' these days??

• IG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpul if Microsoft would include a "how-to" section on the Outlook help page on how one might go about forwarding Outlook emails to (e.g.) Gmail. Your product is downright embarrassing.

• arkonx9@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I like the dark mode feature that has been added, why are so many things messed up in this industry standard email service?

Why is not easy to search through email, but date? Or rather, if it is an old email, why can't I start at the oldest emails?

Furthermore who wrecked skype? It's way worse than when Microsoft bought it and I'm now trying to combine my old skype account and new one Microsoft created with the same email address so I can have all of my old contacts.

Why is Microsoft systematically ruining it's products? Maybe integrating everything isn't worth it. Maybe new features should not supersede past functionality. Please take this up with management or whatever long term planning group needs to get at it.

• Nathalie Labarrere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SCROLLING PROBLEM AND SEARCH FOR OLD EMAILS BY DATE
    It tool me 25 min to get to an email I sent back in 2015.... and I have emails since 2011 AWH ... PLEASE FIX URGENT

• Wayne C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the anonymous looking search box (no word Search for a clue) select the filter (funnel?) icon (also no verbal clue) then choose the calendar dates you want, then type in your own email address. This would be much simpler if it was a filter option for the email list like date range. I think this update was created by programers not using a real email address with hundreds or thousands of emails.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search button not searching all folders. It only searches highlighted folder. Have to type To: or From: to get to it. Very inconvenient.

• rianne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I adjust the search bar to ALWAYS just search my inbox? I'm not interested to find whatever is in my bin!

• Joanne Bandstra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

cant search by date without having a search word - I just want to search in a specific month of 2017 - can not. why?

• the_other_khoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Filtering search results by date is a nightmare, as we have to click back or forward month by month, as opposed to being able to select a date, month and year. Also, in the new layout, it's hard to find buttons for navigation. For example, having opened an Excel online attachment, to get back to the email itself, there's a small incognito X at the top.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHERE has my inbox' search button gone?! How am I supposed to find emails now? Every time some new inconvenience! what is wrong with this email system?!!!!

• R D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please improve your searching criteria, I cannot find anything easily in my outlook account whereas it is Very Very easy to search for any email, document in Gmail account.

• shersey@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to type dates into the filter and instead having to select the date from a calendar is obnoxious. For example, to search for emails in April of 2015 means I have to click the month button like 30 times. Consider just letting the date be typable. Thanks.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base