OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Too complicated, ad area on the right too huge, interrupts the reading, ad area not suitable on right for this format.

Too complicated, ad area on the right too huge, interrupts the reading, ad area not suitable on right for this format.

157 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

siddhi enterprises shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Air France India ad does this lately and keeps trying to reload and crash my browser every time I try to read a new message. This is only a problem with hotmail / outlook.

• christie.seymour@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Ads are the right side of the email page are becoming too big and now have motion which is too distracting. The very reason I left Yahoo mail. Please at least give us the option to reduce them and stop the motion / scrolling. Thank you

• drhpnz@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, ads are everywhere, but the ads appear to be too prominent. So, don't think I will link my Gmail account to outlook but continue vice versa liking my Hotmail account to Gmail.

• hemanth.badri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can we have the ad pane removed from the right side of the mailbox. It is highly distracting. Gmail does not have that. Why does microsoft need one. How can I deactivate it. Thanks.

I hate the cheesy ads on the side of my web based browser. I have a Microsoft 365 account but do not know how to
    use it to turn these stupid ads off. Why does Microsoft always need to torture their customers.

The ads appearing to the right of the email page is absolutely annoying. It slows opening/moving emails around.
    How do I block these messages? Can a pay to have them blocked. If not Iwill switch to another service!!!!!!

• Faris Baidoun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the ad area is huge, I cant see my email text because the advertisements are taking a huge space from the layout.

• judithhealey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't like this new Beta I prefer the original hotmail that I had. I am trying to reverse and get back my old screen but I am anticipating problems.

• Paal Joachim Romdahl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the ad area was added many of the e-mails reading area were cut in two. Blocking the view of parts of the e-mail. I had to resize the view to much bigger to be able to see the area that was cut. The ad area is too big. As an earlier subscriber to hotmail in which I paid 15$ a year I am now forced into subscribing to Office 365 to get the ads removed. This was handled very poorly.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base