OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Hate the layout!

Just too cluttered! I have the downloaded version of Hotmail that comes with MS OFFICE, I don't use it.... why? BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE THIS NEW ONLINE VERSION!

It ain't broke, please don't fix it till it is!

27 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi thanks for the feedback. Early on in the beta we introduced a lot of new features. However, over the last few months we have also added a bunch of quick settings to help customize the user experience. We think these options allow you to get truly the experience that all of the users might want.

This includes getting it setup just like the old outlook.com/Hotmail ui.

To do this click on the gear in the top right. Then try turning off the settings that you don’t like. Some of the newer experiences that you are seeing are called conversation view, sender photos, etc.

let me know if you have any more feedback!

thanks

Dave

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • chloevandevelde@live.com.au commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new layout is horrendous. I now only use it online when I absolutely have to.
    It's impossible to find anything, my inbox is split and I can't unsplit it. It's ******* my eyes to look at.
    I'm computer savvy, I teach my colleagues how to use things, none of us can use this stupid new layout. It makes no sense!!! Bring back the old one that actually worked and made sense

• Iona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lay out of Beta is terrible, it is difficult to access and read emails and the whole thing feels clunky to use. Go back to classic it's much better!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely hate this layout. Everything is spread out, doesn't fit on the page. Too much whitespace and I am constantly scrolling. You failed on this design.

Weak. Leave the layput as it was.

• William J Langley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simplify the layout controls to permit old fuddy-duddies to get it more useable. can't read the email because the dual panes are both too large making both pretty useless.

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base