OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Set email reminders on events

Please restore email reminder functionality to calendar! I rely on this to keep track of my schedule and I'm now using Google calendar because I can't get this Outlook.com beta to send me email reminders.

199 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

retroactive71@msn.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

122 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Luc Brière commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess it's been about a year since email reminders for events I create on the calendar seldom work. It sends me an email reminder barely one out of ten times that I ask to get one.

• André de Jesus Pascoal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can confirm that this option is now restored. Thanks for attending our resquests.
    The Outlook App for Android is still missing this option though. If possible, please restore, because most of the times i create events on that app, and there i still don't have the email option.,

• Matt Anfang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Outlook Calendar Team for quickly bringing back this critically important feature of email reminders. We appreciate it!

• davidamyrose@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My calendar now has an option for email available again. Click on "remind me" and there should be an option for "add email reminder" at the bottom of the list. I have tested it and it worked. No one from Outlook team has notified me so don't hold your breath for that to happen.

• rdanpurnell@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Email Reminders routinely! I don't see that option any longer in the dialogue box for setting up events, etc. Am I missing something or have Email reminder options been deleted?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

E-Mail Reminder of the previous calendar was one distinguishable, important, really actually useful tool and for some reason it is removed in this version.

I'm literally thinking about moving my entire mail and calendar to another provider because of this.

While I don't know the reasoning behind removing this feature, as a long-time user with expertise in marketing, I can say that whoever made this decision has no idea about what does the user want.

• ronnie_jacobs@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Used to be able to have the calendar reminder emailed to you but now its just a pop up notification only please bring back the email notification

i still have some recurring email reminders that work as these were set pre whatever update you have done. I cannot edit these or set up any more email reminders

• Matt Anfang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did this suddenly change and disappear in February 2019? Microsoft Admin's could you please respond back to us all?

• billpwright@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The calendar event email notification is something that I RELY on. In this new version of Outlook.com it's gone! If it doesn't come back, I have to change to a diffferent calendaring service (does Yahoo or Google do this? I'll have to look). Please Microsoft, fix this!!!

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On previous versions of Outlook Calendar, when we were creating a new Task, there used to be an option to send an email notification about that task. On this new calendar it is now missing. Can you please bring it back

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base