OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

add attendee

There is no way to add someone to a meeting in the edit menu. Seriously?!?

402 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

173 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • eugene_nell@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the beta version of Outlook.com calendar there is no way to invite attendees to your calendar event. Is that coming or am I missing something?

• fish123456@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who worked on the Modern Calendar app in Windows 8/8.1 I am disappointed there isn't an obvious way to add details or attendees to a calendar event through live.com. :(

• Mrs. PWS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Question: How do you add/invite guest/attendees to meetings in Outlook.com beta? I use my calendar for business appointments. Thus, would like have to most, if not all, of the meeting request functionality that is in Outlook.

• thetexian@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Beta does not offer opportunity to add additional people to my meeting. I am stepping out of the Beta. This is a critical function.

• Robert Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the beta version of Outlook.com calendar there is no way to invite attendees to your calendar event. Is that coming or am I missing something?

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't invite people to my calendar entry. When i hit edit calendar entry it only gives date, time, location, repeat and reminder. No space to add info and no way to invite people.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something available on the regular Outlook Calendar which I find very useful that beta did not have. This is the main reason why I switched back to the older version.

• Guy Cookes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no way to add invitees to an event from the calendar in the beta version. Plus once you have an existing event with multiple attendees, it is not possible to edit the event.

• Kate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding attendees to a meeting in Calendar - beta version doesn't seem to give that option?

• Robert Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In looking at the beta of Outlook calendar I do not see where to invite attendees. Am I missing something or will it be added?

• spenceravenue.17@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There does not appear to be the same functionality in beta to invite attendees. If there is, it is not easy to find. I got frustrated and clicked out of beta mode to be able to send the diary appointment to an attendee.

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base