OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

add attendee

There is no way to add someone to a meeting in the edit menu. Seriously?!?

402 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

173 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kian@hatchman.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once I have created a new appointment in calender on Outlook.com BETA, I can no longer seem to go in and edit it in order to add an attendee. If I click 'expand' or 'Edit' it enlarges the appointment window, but I am unable to add attendees any other time than when the appointment is created. Can this be adjusted?!

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When testing new outlook I was surprised to not be able to add attenders. This is no go!

• jjw_76@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the beta on I can't seem to invite any guests to my calendar events. I had to switch it back to the regular view first.

• Mark and Linda Lipsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

using outlook.com beta, when I create a new calendar item, I do not see the field to add invitees or to make the appointment private. where do I find these?

• thomasalex@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the Beta, I am not able to add attendees to a calendar event? There seems to be no way to schedule a meeting with another person.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is almost no point in the calendar without this. The main point in these tools is to collaborate effectively with other people. I can't even test this tool without this feature.

• Robert Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The BETA has serious limiations which will render Outlook.com USELESS:
    1. there is NO way to add people to a meeting invite
    2. There is no way to categorize calendars events (by color)

While having interesting calendars like when your favorite TV show will be on or when your favorite football teams next game is, none of that is relevant without basic calendaring features.

I will be forced to move back to GMail and GCal without these features. Without it, this is a pretty To-Do list.

• Robert Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a "future add" feature this is a MUST otjherwise this is not a calendar but rather a To-Do list

• thomasrpark@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the Beta version of Outlook calendar, I cannot change on what calendar I create an event. Nor can I add attendees. I can perform these actions if I switch back to the previous version of the interface.

• derrick.davis@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to add others to a calendar invite when using Outlook.com beta. Currently I have to change back to stable/classic/normal to invite anyone to a meeting.

• chad.ginther@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Outlook Beta calendar doesn't seem to have the option to invite attendees to a new event. It will display attendees that I added using the previous calendar edition, but cannot be edited.

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base