OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

add attendee

There is no way to add someone to a meeting in the edit menu. Seriously?!?

402 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

173 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically you can't edit a calendar event once created. Not sure why you would roll out a beta tool without a basic capability such as that. Recommend turning off beta option to avoid annoying users who might never come back to try a real beta.

• falknerjr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Beta version of calendar resides a useless for my needs without the ability to invite others to a event / meeting.

• TB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also missing this functionality. I turned off the beta to be able to access it.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, kinda of defeats the purpose of any online calendar in the first place. I could use a physical planner otherwise.

• Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

reverting back again - beta is one thing - feature less is another

• TP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amazing this wasn't in MVP. A calendar without invites isn't a calendar.

• Ann Tebo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hilarious...I have to add a comment here to vote for this one because when I just hit the vote button I get an error message. Great feedback portal ;-(

I've been a product manager my whole professional career, and I can't quite believe that you launched a calendar where I can't add other people to invites. It's table stakes.

I'm not able to figure out how to send an invitation to a meeting in the calendar

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature should be non-negotiable. What's the point of creating a meeting if you can't then add attendees to it?!

I don't mind the look-and-feel of the new GUI generally, but I have to flick back to the non-beta style whenever I do anything remotely 'productive' like this. I get that betas aren't going to have feature parity, but I'm astounded that this was put in the backlog as a "nice to have" or something.

• sjmcfarland@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you kidding me? The Beta version doesn't allow you to send a meeting invitation? If you remove this feature I'm moving to GMAIL!!! Fix it!

• cperrod@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And if I add an attendee through the Outlook application, then I cannot edit the meeting in Calendar web

The beta version is unusable like this for me neither

• AHajra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WTF?! How can a calendar app not let you send out meeting requests?! I thought that was the whole point of the app. This has got to be put at the top of the enhancement request list. For now, I'm switching off Beta to make meeting requests and then switching Beta back on - but it's a huge pain!

I had to revert to the old version. This is not a future add-in it's a must have otherwise the calendar is useless

Wow, yes, this feature is absolutely must-have. I cannot believe you would release a product, even in beta, without this feature. Otherwise the calendar is utterly useless.

I also can't figure out how to add text to an event beyond just the title.

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base