OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

add attendee

There is no way to add someone to a meeting in the edit menu. Seriously?!?

402 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

173 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott Kerfoot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe you all aren't getting the message here. Microsoft doesn't really want you on these free services. Upgrade to Office365 or better yet, move to gmail if you want real functionality. This change and the terrible experience I'm having with Onedrive got me to completely move off of hotmail in February. I'm sure they will eventually bring it back, but it will take a lot of people leaving for gmail for them to do that.

• Will Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so you can from the mobile app which is ok but guess what? You can't edit that event via outlook.com interface. Genius!!

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, also could not find it, seems like calendar 101. It's been a few months and still the same. Very surprising.

• Dan Jerghiuta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thing has been in beta forever and you still can't edit an appointment to add another person? This is basic functionality. I have to switch back to non-beta every time I want to update my calendar.

• Om commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its now May 15, 2018. Outlook.com is still in beta, and still i cant add people in my calendar.

• cbr10rep09@LIVE.COM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It appears that a vital function had been removed - the ability to invite people to a calendar event. If the function does exist, it's hidden. Please bring this useful function back in the Beta or make it VERY obvious where it resides.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, The outlook calendar in Outlook Beta version is not anywhere as good as the normal one. You can't add invitees etcs

• Alick Law commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to add Invitees and details in Calendar - Month view on the Beta release

• BrigidV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why have you removed invitations from Events? I can't invite my husband to dinner now? I'm not using the free version either.

• Joshua Reich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendar invitations do not work on Outlook Beta version. Cannot add invitees to new calendar entries and some editing features are missing.

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base