OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

add attendee

There is no way to add someone to a meeting in the edit menu. Seriously?!?

402 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

173 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • tony.aukland@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using Outlook Live Beta, why can't I invite attendees to meetings in this version? If I turn off beta and go back I can, but otherwise no.

• theotherbrian@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as I can tell, the current Outlook beta (as of 8.4.18) does not provide a way to add attendees to an event. I consider this a key function and have to switch back to non-beta.

• Abu Sadeq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft,
    Thanks for offering a free version of Outlook. The feature to add attendees to a meeting has been missing for months. When will this be added back in?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lame Microsoft... I get it is a Beta, but calendar invites are such a basic functionality.

• Damon Remy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When adding a new calendar item on outlook.com, I am unable to invite attendees. When i turn off beta access I am able to add.

• gian@genovesi.me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY AM I STILL NOT ABLE TO INVITE PEOPLE TO EVENTS?! HOW IS THAT STILL NOT IMPLEMENTED. It is so annoying to switch back to the old view to add attendees to events. UGH!

• Amy Wyatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not able to add attendees to existing events that did not have attendees before going to the Beta

• ElaineJones1959@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I run a church bookings calendar which at present only I can see I used to be able to alert the minister and church stewards so that they knew if church was free or not.

• angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

using this for personal use - need to include husband in my calendar for family events e.g. school meetings, days I need both of us to know what's going on - have to switch back to old version to do this and then back into new version - might just stay with old version if this isn't changed though, or swap to gmail

• Fabiann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    As you can read below, these comments are mostly from unsatisfied users, and I am one of them.

Ok we are using a Beta version of Outlook.com, and most of users are not paying for the service (I do as I have an Office 365 subscription).

However, I am surprised and let say shocked to hear only "we are working on it", "we will post an update", etc...

Everyone and everywhere are talking about CX, the infamous Customer Experience. Yet very very few companies have a clue about what it is, and mostly they have rebranded their customer service by the name, and telling their employees their are "Champion" and "empowering" them to do the extra mile...

The thing is that I would have expected from a company like Microsoft to communicate a roadmap of the features coming our way, a timeline for the releases coming, the fixes etc...

But this is not the case.

Oh yes, we cannot do this because it would expose our strategy, blablable... and we certainly need you customers to use our "beta" products so we can have free large scale testing and feedback.

I guess I will switch back to the normal interface and I will avoid in future any "beta" version.

End of rant

Regards

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oh and when I turned off beta the events added under beta weren't showing anymore ....

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base