OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

the look and feel

The look and feel is just terrible. There is way too much going on. I would like to keep it simple just like with the current UI. If this beta doesnt change and goes to production I am definitely switching over to gmail

994 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kevin Fernandes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like this beta version at all. It's definitely not 'better' for me!! I can't find emails I've sent, so many emails are under the one tab! It's a nightmare.

Will you be switching back to the old version soon?

If not I will have to start looking for a new email provider :(

• jen-122@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 100% The look is terrible. Too many features that confuse the user. Please take us back to the old version.

I much prefere the old version of outlook and am unhappy that Beta keeps poping up without my logging into it. I only have to accidently hover over something not sure what and it pops up.

• Robert Beyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think I am stuck in some warp-zone btwn old and beta outlook with no switch appearing when logging in - rather an invite to buy office 365.. I think you have enough negative comments to revert back to the old outlook - also how about a low/ no ad outlook without having to buy office 365

• John Rydholm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I prefer the look, feel, and interface from Outlook 2016 and 2013 as well. I hate vertical toolbars! Many users are used to horizontal and at the bottom of the screen.

• Richard Boersma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree totally. If it is ot broke do not try fisxing it.

This new set up is very confusing to me.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We had a very good user interface for more than 10 years without problems....please restore the old good Hotmail.com and leave us in peace! Who wants to play with icons, colors, columns, big buttons for touch screens, waste of space, few emails rows, photos, themes, and incredible new experiences will be happy to follow yours beta versions creators in Outlook.com.

I agree, it's shocking, I find it unusable. Have now changed over to Thunderbird, which allows you to keep same old email address (XX@hotmail.com) but gives you the old 'Classic' interface. If you download Thunderbird, just enter your old email address when asked to choose one. Only down side is that it's a separate app, so you can't add it as an extra tab on to a currently open window - means in effect that you have to keep switching between windows. Still worth it to get away from the dreadful Beta tho!

• Judy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change it back or give us clear instructions so we have the option to change it back ourselves. What a mess. I just need a list of emails so I can choose which ones to discard. I hate the side preview of my emails. Give me the option to make my own choice.

• desert pines commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't stand the new 'look'. This is just some way to get advertising revenue and I'm sick of that 'Googly' business model. Facebook too, I didn't sign up for the ad streams and 'uplifting content'. These invasions are only going to drive users away. I'll never give up my networksolutions account, it is simple to use, always fast, no ads and, oh ya, I pay for it. And looky here, I am being 'guided' to post my comments by signing in with one of the aforementioned predators. Nuff said. I think I had enough if this is the direction it's headed. Nothing is free.

• star gazer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to keep life simple. I don't need a lot of gimmicks, bells, and whistles. I'll never use skype, or talk to someone in a window pane, I don't need to know every little thing about my contacts. Email is my main focus, along with a few files. I enjoy a clear cut email list. I do like the fact that I never get spam thanks to your "contacts and safe list" only settings.

• Leroy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bata and the Current version.
    I HATE THE EMAIL GROUPING! I may be the only one, but I get confused on what is the new message.
    I agree. The look and feel is really confusing.
    The grey is too light. I can't differentiate between the different emails.
    Maybe a white then a grey or something that makes it notice able what email you are review… even a dark border.
    The different panes are terrible. I feel really uncomfortable reading a message because I feel like I am previewing it, and I want it to pop out or something. I have seen it where it does pop out but the process is not user friendly.
    The look and feel of the email is really flat like bad 2D. with a color that does not stand out. To top that the letters are just small.

Dont do that as gmail is just as horrible looking! I use 'spark' as a way round the horrible colour blobs dotted around but why dont you (outlook) people just not do it in the first place?

• ilonka biluska commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked the way the layout used to be. I would like the emails themselves to be wider, not the list of emails.

Looks like you're not serious with this - like you want to chase users away. Horrid. Please take me back to original - or tell me how I can go back myself. Ugh.

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base