Keep the old look

4,758 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! The colorful circles are what we call Sender Images. If you have a photo for that contact, it will be displayed when you have an email from them. When you don’t have a photo the circles are filled in with color and the initials of the sender.

Now I totally understand that you don’t like them! I know not everyone enjoys every feature we introduce, however we do offer flexibility by disabling them if you don’t like them.

To turn these off do the following:
1) Click on the Gear in the upper right hand corner
2) In the Quick Settings Pane that opened look for Sender Photos
3) You can enable or disable the Sender photos right there.

Thanks for the feedback, and please keep it coming!

David Los

1129 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find the coloured circles distracting. Please could you revert to a simpler colour scheme? Thanks.

I have a samsung s7 w/ Android 8 and latest outlook client version but I don't find any gear icon in the upoer right hand corner within the outlook app. Please, can you help me how to disable these circles for email senders? Thanks

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the Iphone, open Outlook.
    Click on the word Inbox at the top.
    Click on the Gear icon at the bottom left.
    At the bottom of the screen, you will see "Show Contact Photos"
    Deselect this. This will get rid of those stupid colored circles.

• icuthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we wanted that kind of more-is-less design we would be using gmail or other Trend-before-UX irritating services.

• Mike Glenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the colorful circles. They go really well with dark theme. Haters can disable it now so everyone should be happy. Thanks Microsoft. :)

• sakareebee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow for mass email moving/deleting like before! Now if you select the checkmark at the top it selects all messages rather than those just viewed in the window pane. It's extremely inefficient..PLEASE FIX!

I HATE the little colored dots on my mail.... Please take them off.... PLEASE!!!

I HATE the little colored dots on my mail.... Please take them off.... PLEASE!!!

This is ridiculous...!!! With all these people complaining, can you not see that this new garbage that you forced on everyone isn't working??? Email should be pretty simple, like it was before you changed it. I have to click and click and click just to send something. I have just done this, and it still isn't sending. What use is this ****???? PLEASE, either make it work, or switch us back to the version that actually worked, or a switch is inevitable.... Thank You....

• why this commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

****-IT

you merged why the remedial kindergarten look ?

- what's up with -

the worthless lines taking up valuable screen ?

Into this nonsense. A child could find this gibberish. What a farce in addressing genuine legitimate concern. SHAME on you.

• aa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of trying to get new ideas in making changes here and there the the new outlook to satisfy people just stop it. Just implement the option to have the classic outlook or the new outlook - our choice and WALA everyone satisfied!

• KN Dent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to change the font color. Is there a way to do this? Light blue/grey/red are very difficult to read, especially for someone with any form of color blindness. Please advise how I can change this. Thank you.

• dar 357 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I MISSED a Dentist's Appt. on Dec. 26th because the page was too slow to load. I got charged $100 for the Appt. that I missed. Thank you Outlook Team. It takes me 20 min. to get back barely 3 weeks ago. Your Mgr's. should be fired.

• starina27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new version is so terrible! The fact you can't block like before and also can't move emails in mass like before is frustrating and time consuming!

Do you not Beta test any of these changes in the lab?
    Do you not stress test this with users?

I ask because every update is worse than the last, tanking performance, making the interface worse, if this is a long term ploy to drive users to anything but Microsoft it's working.

Every update gets worse and worse...
    Are you guys not Beta testing in a lab and stress testing with users?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 56 57

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base