i 4GAC shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

74 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kim Briggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There was good documentation on how to share a calendar via an HTML link. I generated the link, but all my browsers only show the title "My Name - Published calendar", and then a blank page. I'm very familiar with computers and HTML. I have done this with Google and Zoho calendars without a problem. please advise.

• Jan O. Dvořák commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I want to get a webcal link to my calendar, so that I can subscribe to it in 3rd party app, I have to go to the old version.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The deployment in Outlook.com beta ist not complete, sharing as ics is missing! This is the only way to share the private calendar in Outlook with Exchange on premise.

• Anton Theunissen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PROBLEM
    Calendar publishing via ics still doesn't work in Beta mode.

SOLUTION
    Go to Calendar (OWA), turn off 'beta'(!). Click the Settings Wheel, go to Options. You'll find "Calendar/Shared Calendars/Publish Calendar" in the left pane.

COMMENT
    I talked to MS Support about this, they had no clue and apparently still don't (see comment of oct 16). They mix up 'publishing ics-files' with a 'sort of sharing interface between email adresses'.
    Support pages and forums show non-existing screens or screens with non-existing options. Same problem for current Outlook Desktop: where to create the ics URL?

• Christopher Stanley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to add a colleague's calendar seems to have disappeared in the new view. It's very useful for folks who primarily use the web version of Outlook.

• Erin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't figure out how to add another person's calendar to mine in the new outlook.com Very easy "add calendar" button at the top in the old Outlook

• Wilf Emsley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sharing my Calendar is very useful and it would be lots better if I could also share my Birthdays Calendar. All members of my close family and friends want these dates in their schedule.

• sturcotte@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have the possibility to share my Microsoft family calendar with external at least being able to have read only links like my personal calendar.

• Vipin Yadav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot share my person calendar. It says I don't have permission to share this calendar. So i create a new calendar and tried to share it and I again got the same message.

• Udo Behm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow to share calendars to non Microsoft account users. I want to share a Outlook.com calendar and include it in a Microsoft Outlook Desktop application. So far, I can share and include the calendar, but I cannot make any changes... Please allow to include any calendar in the Desktop versions of Outlook that do not have a Microsoft account and make it completely editable...

• C. Yusuf Mumtaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Calendar sharing is in Beta, but I'm really interested in sharing my free/busy details. This is available in the non-Beta, but not in the Beta. Also, why can't we manage calendar sharing from Outlook 2016? This was available when the new Outlook.com started.

• delatorre34@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do we share events with others with the new beta calendar. I have to go back to the old calendar every time I enter a event I have to share

• Kreera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the beta, I can't add a calendar someone shared with me. I have to switch off the beta, to get the prompt that let's me add the shared calendar. Once added, I can turn the beta on again.

← Previous 1 3 4

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base