OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I like to hover over junkmail emails to see the email address to see if it is spam or legit - I cant do that on the new version.

I like to hover over junkmail emails to see the email address to see if it is spam or legit - I cant do that on the new version.

296 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rachel_pinnick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I would like to thank you all for using Outlook.com.
And even more importantly thank you for taking the time to offer such detailed and actionable feedback.

I did want to send a quick update and let you know that we now have the ability to hoover over an email and see the actual email address.

Please feel free to give it a try and offer any additional feedback!

Thanks

David Los

30 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to provide a way to see the headers in spam or junk mail without having to open the mail, as you had previously with hotmail for years. I keep reporting the same spammers again and again and again.

• lejchris2@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your new email format is terrible. It does not show complete email address of sender to help determine if it is unwanted spam or not. It seems like this new format is designed to help the email scandals.

• canadianliazon@live.ca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe an email of a friend is cloned, want to see the properties of email without opening it to see if it is spam mail or not, other than the subversive reader which does not give you the real information of this, and so therefore I am putting my computer at risk and will have to call my friend to see what this is....

• F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried and it did not it still does not work!

why can't i see the email address of he sender when i hover over the emails anymore?

this is critical because there are so many viruses and malware circulating, also emails auto open so may get malware that way too,
    need to revisit these changes and adjust

• Derek Lickfold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to be able to right click email in inbox and junk mail without opening message and see message source. In new version you have to open message before view message source is available. Outlook .com support suggested that I switch back to Classic from Beta and sent me a screen shot to show me where I can do this. However the switch button to do this does not appear in my version.

• chuckhenderson@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@rachel_pinnick I'm seeing this functionality in Edge as of today. I do agree that it's a simple way to identify junk, hopefully the feature is available in other browsers.

• BV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential and was in the older version. Bring it forward!!

yep I totally agree, without seeing the email address of sender it is impossible to distinguish if it`s genuine or not without first opening the email.

opening a phishing scam is the last thing we want to open let alone be forced to do this everytime.

• DebiLee01@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. It's CRITICAL. I want to be able to do this in BOTH my inbox AND spam emails (since your spam filters aren't the best and a lot gets through). This is super important and I can't believe that you made such a careless change.

This is a security issue. Outlook.com staff, please acknowledge that you've seen this item, and that you recognize its importance.

• Andrea Marcolini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do agree with this post. IT'S REALLY CRUCIAL TO SEE THE REAL ADDRESS OF INCOMING EMAILS . Please come back to the previous version for this. Tks

Can't see email address in reading pane. I want to see the email addresses to protect myself from spam.

• EK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

miss the ability to hover over sender's name and see actual sender's email

• Nayan Patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see sender email address next to name, too many spam emails everyday....
    Do not want click on name to see email address

If I receive an email from Amazon, I would like to make sure it is from Amazon first before opening it. I do not want to open an email trying to pass off as Amazon.

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base