OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

categories with colors in calendar

I liked the previous feature of having categories with different colors in the calendar. Having colors makes it easier for me to know what should be done, compared to charms. eg have a red category for deadlines and a green for completed. that way i briefly scan my calendar page and i know all the information i need.

346 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

el shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

92 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kevin Ingledue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

all at once the beta of calendar looks very cartoon-ish - the biggest problem seems to be the ability to see existing, or select on new, COLOR CODING of CALENDAR ITEM CATEGORIES. If I switch off the beta, all of the necessary information is still there, but it seems completely missing in the beta - makes this calendar unusable for me

• Farley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Color categorization of calendar items:
    Please restore the ability to display calendar items in various colors. It's very useful. I color all my important appointments dark green, so they really stand out from the less-critical items.

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to return color coding (adding categories) to events on calendar.

• Bob Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I color coded different types of events on my calendar in the old version. Now they are all one color. Color coding made them easier to recognize. I do not like the one color choice for all events on a calendar.

• Luca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

categories in the new Outlook.com calendar have disappeared
    sin!
    I think it's an easy glance ... better than using icons

• Johan D'Hondt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the beta the events aren't colored anymore with the categories I gave them. In the desktop Outlook Calendar they are visible.

• BC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Assigning a Category/Color to a calendar item seems to have disappeared in the beta. Very much liked this feature, and was helpful in visualizing groups of events through time in month view.

• Ciaran Byrne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beta's calendar appears to have got rid of categories, and in particular the ability to colour various events depending upon their category.

So now I can't see at a glance what's for work, kids school, travel, medical appts, holiday... all events are the same colour.

Which makes me less effective, as I have to spend more time trying to work out what my calendar says. Please give me back the original category feature!

• KoBboyz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't find the colors of the categories in the calendar.
    Yet this is very useful because it is easy to spot my activities.
    Also when creating an event, it is no longer possible to put comments, only the title and the place are displayed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each appointment is no longer boxed up in the assigned calendar colors when using the month view. The text is given the assigned calendar colors instead. Very difficult to read, and not helpful at all.

• Raphael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where are the category options and the color which help us to classify events ? I can't see the category item on the beta Calendar !

• Jake Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Colour coded event categories are not visible in the beta calendar view. This is really bad as at-a-glance colour coding allows me to quickly see what kind of work I'm doing on what days. If this is removed permanently I would have to look for a new calendar.

Calendar still will not sync with Outlook 2017 for Mac

1 2 3 5 Next →

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base