OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

categories with colors in calendar

I liked the previous feature of having categories with different colors in the calendar. Having colors makes it easier for me to know what should be done, compared to charms. eg have a red category for deadlines and a green for completed. that way i briefly scan my calendar page and i know all the information i need.

346 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

el shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

92 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ccszak@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beta Outlook Calendar is not good -- Does not show categories in color like current. Need this to quickly identify category I am looking for i.e client meetings, work meetings, etc.

You are going backwards guys!!

• Bruna Panetta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like in the beta version of outlook, we are not able to assign calendar colours to any appointments or events we create. For example, I have Red as the calendar colour for Anniversarys I need to remember. But when I create a reminder for this, it doesn't give me the option to tag it as my Red calendar.

• tamis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I combine agenda's to keep track on items from two accounts (business and private) in one view. Used to be possible to define where an items is put. This is not possible anymore. I will have to go back to the original

• Glen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The rectangular ‘blocks’ of white-on-colour text that you used to be able to see in Month view have been replaced with a wishy-washy pale blue text on white background. The previous style made it so easy to distinguish different types of events, and also make multiple day events stand out very clearly.

• Glen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of many useful features missing from the beta. I can't believe how a version can be released that removes so many useful features. I have twice tried to post a list of concerns but the Moderator will not approve it.

• Michael Metzgar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The color categories are a huge help. It allows me to quick glance without having to read every even.

• andrewrobertwilson@hotmail.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please migrate my Categories to the beta version. I use categories tens of times a day to keep track of my appointments and visually indicate at a glance who I am meeting with. My Categories sync through Microsoft Exchange so I can also do this on the road through Third Party Apps on my mobile device. However when I view the appointment in "Beta" no categories appear.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why on earth you removed the possibility to categorise calendar items (with different colors)? Now all my calendar items are BLUE!!!! I have used for instance RED color for meetings, YELLOW for something else etc....
    I just don't understand why : (

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new category colors are awful, extremely garish. I was using light blue and green mainly and had to turn of beta as it was bad for my eyes

• Caroline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please keep the option of colour categories - the beta is now completely blue and it's horrible to get a read on what's on the agenda.
    please return to the closest outlook / hotmail features.

Calendar reminders and color categories missing. I am not receiving notifications of upcoming events nor reminders of past events anymore. Also, I need to categorize my events in different colors and this is not possible anymore.

• Alex Mantesso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Old calendar shows event in color, based on category color. Now even categories desapier from calendar.
    I really need colors on events.

no possibility to categorize in the calendar (no color). The booked day are not very visible

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base