OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

repeating or recurring events

Not enough flexibility scheduling repeating events. Can't schedule a repeating event every other week. Current Outlook provides excellent flexibility.

54 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

gwinter@outlook.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to add a recurring event, such as payments, meetings, etc

• Greg Rechtin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with other comments about the lack of flexibility in recurring events.
    I'm trying to create a recurring event that occurs every 26 days, but the new Calendar version only allows selecting from drop down options of 1-10 days or 1-10 weeks neither of which is helpful.

• Murray Rothbard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under the old calendar you could type in a custom recurring event value. Now the drop down limits a recurring event to 10! I have an event that cycles every 16 weeks and I cannot enter it.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the beta version I was unable to repeat an event larger than 10 days, I have several events that happen in more than a 10 day interval

• VB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will I be able to copy/paste a calendar event? Or, able to right click and choose COPY on a calendar event? I was able to do this on "regular" Outlook, but despite waiting YEARS you still haven't restored this functionality on the web based Outlook.com.

You need to understand, that especially with consultants, etc. that they may have recurring meetings that DON'T fall into a regular schedule, but occur on a regular basis. Monday-Tuesday one week, Wednesday-Thursday another week, etc etc!

It is annoying in the EXTREME to have to create appointments ONE BY ONE when in the past, one could simply copy and paste appointments to one's calendar.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!

• MOST IMPORTANT FEEDBACK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

When modifying/ deleting repeat events there should be an option to modify/ delete/ apply change to only THIS and/or ALL upcoming events with the previous events (earlier than the one being modified) not being changed.

This option is in Gmail but not in Outlook.com or OWA or on Outlook 2016.

• Mark Faughn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability to schedule items for 5th Xday of the month rather than just the last Xday of the month. For example, I want to schedule something for every 5th Tuesday of the month. I can select every last Tuesday of the month, but that would schedule something on every 4th Tuesday on the month on months with only 4 Tuesdays.

• Benny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss the option to repeat on eg. the last monday in july, or the first tuesday in may.

Like we allways have halloween on the last thursday of october, so that is not the 4. or the 5. thursdag but the last. No matter how many thursdags there are in october that year.

Others can do it, like gmail, so it should be easy to get that

• Matthew Johnston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook beta doesn't let you set more complicated Recurrence schedules, such as events that happen every 2 weeks.

Please allow users to book a room in O365 for indefinite time (recurring meeting with no end date).

Currently user can only create a recurring meeting with no end date if it doesn't involve a room. But when user adds a room to that recurring meeting, room is not booked for indefinite time.

• David Lai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add ability to set recurring "every two weeks" or "every three weeks" option for Calendar.

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You absolute must add in the option for "custom" repeat patterns for calendar events in the beta version. In the current version, users can select that an event repeats bi-weekly, or every 3rd Monday, etc. There is no such functionality in the beta version, which is definitely a step backwards and a roadblock to me moving from Google to Outlook.com. It's very strange that your beta Calendar has less functionality than the current version. Please address this.

• jarodwsams@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new UI does not provide adequate "Repeat on..." event recurrence settings. I needed to create an event to repeat every 2 weeks instead of every 1, but the UI does not offer the ability to control that. I was able to create the frequency I needed using the "Calendar" app built into Windows 10, and it synced to Outlook online without issue, but I should be able to create this using the online tools and UI.

Help with repeat events not available.
    Fortnightly repeat used to be possible, not now

• christopherktom@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using the Beta version of outlook.com and it's missing several features of the classic version around recurring events. One such feature is setting an event to recur every 3 months.

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base