OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

calendar event description

I was unable to add event description. Is it possible now? Only title, place, time, repetition, reminder is available. Option to add/edit event description is must-have. Otherwise it looks and works fine.

31 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tomáš Burian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pedro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the classic had the option to ad description to a colander item. that is gone in the beta. I use it to ad extra info or emails about the event.

• Hans Thoma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the old calendar, I could create a new event and populate all the details such as the reminder time etc. I can't do that in the new calendar. I have to create the event first, then open it to edit the details.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not clear to me in the new beta view how to add a Description to an event (in order to add more details to a created or existing event).

• Patrick Bounaix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did you REMOVE THE DESCRIPTION FOR CALENDAR INVITES?

Is there seriously no way to add notes at _all_ to an invite, other than using the subject?!

The notes/description field for calendar events is missing from the beta Outlook Calendar. I hope that this will be rectified before the beta goes live.

The "description" field is really indispensable! In this Beta version, the only way to add note on an event is to set it inside the event title field, which is absolutely not convenient.

The "description" field is really indispensable! In this Beta version, the only way to add note on an event is to set it inside the event title field, which is absolutely not convenient.

• Alexandre Caruso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendar Beta I didnt find how to add a short description, set free not busy and I'd like to suggest to attach sth

• Patrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, It is important!
    If i would like to add description to my created event, I can't edit the descroiption. I think it is important to can add or modify the description of the event.

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base