OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

calendar invites

In the new BETA of outlook.com calendar there is no way to invite others to a calendar event. If that is not resolved I will be forces to leave outlook.com entirely. I love Outlook.com but this is THE calendaring system for all of us, and without being able to share and invite it will not work

41 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert Rose shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sending a meeting invite option is not on the beta version. I could not send a calendar invite to another person like I used to. I can add one to my own calendar but cannot send or forward it.

The calendar in beta is significantly less useful. The inability to invite people to calendar events is a show-stopper. If this goes live, I'll have to switch to Google. Why remove useful features from your service?

Why is there no way (or at least no way that can be discovered) to invite people to calendar events? This makes the calendar largely useless.

• Dierk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This statement is correct, or I am blind to find the option for inviting people in the beta version: after switching to the beta view, I cannot invite people to appointments anymore. I even cannot forward appointments -- this has to be fixed, or I will cancel my premium account immediately.

This new Outlook for Hotmail doesn't allow me to invite people to events in calendar. It only allows me to save the event for myself. The help instructions on how to do this are incorrect. Please fix this. Calendar is useless if you can't invite people.

• Viktor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to add people to calendar events. I keep going back and forth

I have the same problem. If there is no way to invite, outlook.com is no alternative to google calendar!

I have the same problem. If there is no way to invite, outlook.com is no alternative to google calendar!

• Cedric Chambaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely that is a bug... If you go to the help section for Meeting request, it describes the ability to invite People to a meeting. But like you that option is not visible for me.

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why on earth should it be like this? MSFT should fix it... or else i will be moving to gmail...

Is statement above correct ? beta version does not allow to send invite ? is that the case in the premium version too ? can skype send the invite ?

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base