OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Allow an option to disable Safelinks

The safelinks should be an option. I prefer to hover over the link and determine if it is junk

50 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

John J. Kavanagh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

132 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • tgirouard9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OUTLOOK EMAIL- CANT OPEN LINKS IN EMAIL GET A ERROR MESSAGE WITH SOME **** ABOUT SOME SAFELINK I NEVER ASKED FOR AND DO NOT WANT THIS JUST STARTED IN LAST FEW DAYS HOW DO I GET RID OF IT??? I CANT OPEN HELP EITHER IT WAS NOT ANY HELP

• James Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In general I think Safe Links is a nice feature, but it would be nice to have an option to disable Safe Link for messages sent from a user defined list of senders and sender domains. As it is, I have had to disable it because I get some alert messages where it is helpful to be able to read the real link without having to click the link or another button to view the real like first. Ideally, the list used to control Safe Links should be separate from the user's Safe Sender list but you could use the Safe Sender List for controlling when to use Safe Links too if adding a separate list is determined to be undesirable or too complicated to understand/manage for most average users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why did this turn on again today Dec 3 (after I asked MS to remove it twice already) ?
    If I forward these mails to work to read there (as I usually do) the links don't get past my work proxy so I am unable to read them. Thanks for letting me turn it off but why did you turn it on and force me to find this setting after I specifically asked you twice to turn ot off (which you did). You've now (for the 3rd time) corrupted all the mails I received before I noticed this.
    Really don't get this - I assume this is just a way of MS tracking email link usage as its less useful than to see obviously malformed links.

• Chris C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's November 14th; Can you throw me a hint as to where I can do this? I looked in OPTIONS but it's all "Greek to me".
    I only get a link that causes me issues every once and a while, so I don't want to turn protection OFF all the time; just when the system is choking and won't let me go to a valid link.

• o0MattE0o commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use this a work and have got microsoft to turn off the URL rename so it is possible and this should be the deault setting.

Never change a URL ... we cant see where it is going and you safe links is still not as good as a IT Professional

• KellyTClark@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How are you supposed to see what this URL actually is? Make it more user friendly - what you use now (like below)... makes it impossible to see where the URL is actually coming from and what it actually is. Take a page from Mimecast's book.. they always list the domain name at the end so you can easily see where it's coming from. With your format, I can't tell where it's coming from, so can't actually see if it's safe. You're making the problem worse, not better and teaching people to just click on things vs. actually helping people understand.

https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F2yt2BeF&data=02%7C01%7C%7C7ac0f9e885b2468cccfe08d62ff4f1aa%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636749126399202391&sdata=loX7tNWU9kHaNEJBq5L1GYuwkugpdqZ9q4gKJo27zXA%3D&reserved=0

• ymt3d@live.jp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Advanced Threat Protection" ???????????????URL? Safelink?????URL???????????????????????????????????

• Marvin Beaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When hovering over an embedded link, a box appears with text stating "protected by outlook//HTTP and encrypted text.

This is visually distracting and unnecessary for users to see

Disable Safelinks or do not change the URL?

Alternativly change the Safelinks to disably the full URL.

Mine has been turned back on even after talking with microsoft a year ago to turn this feature off, I want to know what i'm clicking before I click it. :(

• outlook_DD609DFCB0CC011F@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please disable the safelink protection for my account.
    - I do not want my URL's to get redirected on a proxy service.
    - I did not give you the permit to modify the content of my EMail.

Thank you and kind regards,
    Christian Speck

• orders_mmpress@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I disable ATP (Advanced Threat Protection) feature on my emails? I don't want my links to be changed to a weird URL.

Safelinks protection has prevented me from opening any email links for a couple days. Please fix it or turn it off.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base