OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

from

Where is the FROM. I am sending a reply, but it is sending form my main email account. How do I change it so that it is FROM my alias?

582 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using Outlook.com! To change the email address you’re sending from, do the following:

1. Use the expansion button and open a dropdown of message actions (contains Save Draft, Insert Signature, …)
2. Choose “Show From”
3. Use the “From” button to change the email address you’re sending from

We look forward to your continued feedback.

63 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rebecca El-Kher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was looking for the option to set how often I receive mail and have not been able to find it. I have used the F5 but it seems my mail does not come or is very slow.

• Jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not using Beta and still can't get "options" on my setting. What is the deal? Seems pretty simple to me.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can choose the FROM adress when you click on the double arrows at the right of the destination adress. Then interface display more options to write the response. On the top, you have some buttons : Send, Joint, ... if you use ... you have diplay FROM.

Is not easy and I think that outlook can use the adress of the alias as FROM when you make a response...

• greg Carmack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Philip. Thanks for the link to the old Options panel, but why is there no more progress on an Options button since August?

I had a case today where user is unhappy with all the Calendar notifications so I couldn't direct him absent that link. But I found this so he now has the workaround. How about a fix? Why hide vital features? It makes customers very unhappy.

• Matt Temple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When reply to email from a connected account the outbouind email shows as outlook.com and not the connected account on the beta version.

this function works as expected on the none beta version

• RITUPARNA DAS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. my email id is dr.<my name)@hotmail.com. But when somebody replies my mail she finds the id :<outlook_8......1@outlook.com> and her mail is bounced back.
    2. I am unable to add my other accounts provided by gmail and even hotmail and outlook. It is not just accepting.

• Frank Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not using Beta and still can't get "options" on my setting, what is going on???

• Michael Farkas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just one problem with that I keep getting error messages that I need to fix an account e-mailed to me from Microsoft....a bit annoying.

• Jeff Schmitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was unable to change my "From" in an email. I also couldn't find a way to manage my Connected Account.

• Filoma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found that I had to go back to the old version to confirm and/or update my connected accounts. The options as per the old version, should be the same in this beta version at a minimum. Hard to want to use the new version if you have to keep going back to the old version to do stuff.

• Ezequiel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The beta version don´t work when i send the emails with other addres.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did something even simpler than using your 'patch link' for 'Options'. I went back to original Outlook Mail !!! And, said to heck with this Kindergarten version !!

• Steve Ruschill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the current production version a person can select the "from" email an email is sent from, e.g. gmail, outlook.com or something else. This seems to be missing from the beta.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the beta version, I can no longer send email from my other account. I have to change the "From" to my hotmail account. This is awful.

← Previous 1 3 4

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base