OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Missing ability to move events between calendars

I can't move events between calendars that I own in the beta.

91 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Carolyn McKenna shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • J Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its evident this capability never made it from beta to the live roll out! Outlook.com Support
    June 20, 2019, 17:42 +0000
    Hi Mr Johnson,

Thanks for patiently waiting for us and and after highlighting the case to the higher department and consulting with them we were able to find out that this particular is not a part of Outlook.com and we understand we are not giving you much and if possible I would have enjoyed to assist you to get your calendar transferred. But don't worry, I request you to provide your suggestions on the page mentioned below so that the feature can be implemented.

I would request you to mention your feedback regarding the "calendar transfer in Outlook.com" as we think is a great idea at the user voice page which is handled by our developers team and research engineers which implements new features to our products, improvement of the web mail which will be deployed in the future updates. Here is the link: https://outlook.uservoice.com/.

Hope you have a great eve and wishes for your well-being and also you are going to receive a survey regarding my service and based on the interaction and not the issue itself. I would request you to provide us with your feedback so that we can improve our support experience.

Also if you need any further assistance , I am all ears.

Regards,
    Sahil A
    Outlook.com Support Professional

Outlook.com Support
    June 18, 2019, 01:32 +0000
    Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are consulting with the escalations team on this ticket. We request you please bear with us.

Thank you and wish you a great day ahead!

Regards,
    Sahil A.
    Outlook.com support professional

• BURDENSDELIVERIES@LIVE.CO.UK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to be able to edit a calendar entry & change it to a different calendar has been removed. This is an important feature as now the whole entry has to be deleted and then re-entered.

• smaxwell@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could not figure out how to move an event from one calendar to another. I have three calendars that I use, beta does not allow moving from one calendar to the next.

• Eric Sylvain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to see you guys just merged my other idea (to show it's not fixed) into this one - and do absolutely nothing about it showing completed here.

This site is clearly a waste of time.

No method of moving an event from one calendar to another.

Another post with 85 votes has the exact same 'idea' except the Outlook team clearly, mistakenly marked it as complete.

This isn't completed ... I literally just complained about this, was the Outlook team explained how I needed to go BACK to the non-Beta version to do so.

• keith.jackson@hotmail.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to move an entry from one calendar to another in the Beta version e.g cannot move an entry from shared to current calendar. You can do this in the Classic mode. Why remove it?

• Hanna Nicklasson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use several calenders to seperate different kind of tasks. There is no way to change calender for a certain calender post once you've created it. I would like to be able to do that.

• ehagglund.se@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello
    When a new activity is created. How can the activity change so that it ends in the correct calendar. I have several calendars and find no function for choosing a calendar. In the previous version it was smooth

• Dan Hornsby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am still unable to move existing appointments between calendars, or specify a calendar when creating a new appointment. This hasn't been completed!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendar - duplicate events on multiple calendars - or be able to drag an event from a Work calendar to a vacation calendar. Right now I have to retype all info to place event on a second calendar.

• Marcin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cant change calendar when event is made, cant choose which calendar is active (steel see all)

• Gareth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good Morning Folks, Any update on this request? I use multiple calendars and the inability to add to them when creating an appointment or copy over between calendars if needed is forcing me to use a native cell phone app that still has the capacity. I'd prefer not to switch out of beta, but this issue is starting to get frustrating. Please help.

• Denis Gential commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you create an event in the wrong calendar there is no option to edit it and move it to another calendar. You need delete and create it again.
    It was not the case in the old (non beta) version.

there is not a way to change an event to a different calendar....accidentally added to the default (cause it was default and was in a hurry without realizing) but couldn't go back and edit it to add to the appropriate calendar. had to delete and do it all over....google has it where i can go and change it whenever and however many times without having to recreate it all over again.

this feature would be helpful for those on the constant go and need to add something quickly and adjust it later

Multiple Calendars - There needs to be a right-click menu options for moving events between calendars similar to categories. Select and drag does not work for the web version.

• Bob Nargang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook Calendar beta SUCKS!! 1. After creating and saving an event, I cannot move it to a different calendar. I need to create a new event and delete the old one. 2. I could not enter a location. I had to save and reopen/edit the event to add a location. 3. If I double click an event, I get a read only view with no way to edit it. I have to single click to be able it. Seriously!?! How hard is it to add a stupid edit button. 6. I cannot add an entry to my Family calendar using desktop Outlook. Says I do not have permission. I see no way to fix that. Checking permissions in Outlook causes an error message. Looking through settings via Outlook.com has almost no calendar settings. // I've added only 5 entries and am totally ****** at how inefficient this is. I can't in good faith continue torturing myself using this product.

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base