Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

You can block a user:
- In the junk folder by clicking “Not spam” → “Block” in the top menu bar
- In any folder by right-clicking → “Block”
- On any email item by selecting More actions (“…” menu next to reply/forward) → “Block sender”

You can add a user to your safe senders:
- On any email item by selecting More actions (“…” menu next to reply/forward) → “Add to safe senders”

You can view your list of blocked/safe sender users and domains by going to Settings (Gear icon at top-right) → “View all Outlook settings” → “Mail” → “Junk email”

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • leolamb10 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When in the Junk file you can find "BLOCK" by clicking on Not Spam and selecting BLOCK from the drop down menu

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't worry, they hid the 'Block' feature in the "Mark as Not Junk" button, which is now a drop down. Not sure if that makes the most sense...

I use the block feature almost daily - and wish to god they allowed me block domains (1nk.com, pharm.can, etc) as the default option for that drop down. The filters work pretty well and may only make a mistake once a week, and it's faster to click and drag into my Inbox then check a box and then find the "Mark as Not Junk" option.

And if I do go through the trouble of choosing a dropdown and scrolling down to one of three options hidden there, please do not ask me if I'm sure. Maybe present a non-obtrusive "Undo" option after, but asking me if I'm sure after I made such a deliberate motion is sort of insulting and definitely inefficient.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot seem to block junk emails anymore, they are just piling up. I'm not amused, yet another reason this is not my main email account.

• kurtstier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems I have found the block option. Either they fixed it recently or I was just being stupid.

• kurtstier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new beta is a waste of time. No longer can I block from my junk mail which was it's purpose to begin with. This needs to be fixed8 I hope you didn't spend a lot on this new design.

The "Block" option when viewing my email is gone now, that was a critical & important feature for me. Now what do I do with emails I don't want to receive ever again?

• sandyfrizzell@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to the block option on my account page? With all the junk mail I get I really don't have the time to look up web addresses and go to a new page in order to set up blocking. Thank you.

• Julie Kindopp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why doesnt the Block option show up everytime I go into my Junk email box? That should be an option for me to choose when to block or not. Sometimes its there and others its not. Isnt that my choice to block, not Hotmail or Microsoft. Arent I the one that would know if I placed an order for Walmart or Amazon. That option should be there every time. It was before you did this update.

• julz1959@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old Outlook had a BLOCK sender feature in the Junk Email. The new Outlook doesn't, and it wants me to enter each one separately? NO!

NO BLOCKING !! OK brain cell . why ??? Who decided to correct a problem that didn`t exist ???

• Steve Gulgas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to see all options on the beta until today. Just last weekend I added some email addresses to my safe sender list in Beta. I can't see those options in "Full Settings" now.

• Howard Woodard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was hoping that someone might answer this over the past 2 months but alas...

I've been getting out of the beta each time I want to add someone or their domain to my safe sender list. Is there really no way to do it [yet] in the beta or have I just not looked in all the right places for it?

• Jack Leschen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't block certain types of JUNK mail even though I hit the BLOCK mail button. What do you suggest I do to BLOCK mail ?

• Gregory Hyche commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to block all domains (*.com) except those on a safe senders list,
    and add to safe senders list when I email someone.

nunnca sei quantos imail tenho e nem como reencaminhar e nao sou ,e tambem é muito lento á que apurar bom natal

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base