OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Stop Birthday email reminders

I get calendar reminders for birthday's of people I don't know and they are not in my address book, how can I stop this? Please add a link to the reminder email where i can edit or delete the reminder.

85 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

dark passages shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The deployment for editing reminders on your birthday events is now complete. If you refresh, you should be able to see the experience. For more information on how to manage your birthday calendars, please see https://support.office.com/en-us/article/add-a-holiday-or-birthday-calendar-in-outlook-com-b8e636da-fda8-413f-940e-68396efa49a6.

58 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Isherwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I turn off birthday notifications? I get notifications every single day for Birthdays it fills up my inbox and I don't need them

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see these same instructions everywhere, and yet the do not address the problem. Myself and coworkers would like to remove this Birthday calendar, yet, in OWA, it's already set to disabled, but they still appear! Useless and annoying. Then, if you accidentally click on it, it halts Outlook for a considerable amount of time.

• M. Ahmer Ghausi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

:) it's all good now... thanks for the update :D now removing unwanted spamming birthday reminder is couple to clicks away.. :)

Birthday Reminders
    Hi there guys. My feedback is about the birthday reminders that I am currently unable to turn off. I've tried a few times but it still keep coming to my account. Can I please get some assistance with that? Thank you.

• Jernej Bevk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the great old times of Windows phone I connected all my contacts under the umbrella of windows cloud. I also choosed the option of getting birthday reminders.
    It was always a little bit annoying but I never really bother to stop it, till recently. But oh let's see the never ending wisdom of MS, it is not possible to do it.

• vshtokman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is unclear how to delete or disable the birthday calendar and its associated notifications in the new Beta mode.

Having to disable the Beta mode to accomplish that simple task is extremely frustrating.

• Hanssen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

totally useless! in the technologically advanced world we live in.... and we cant get the option to turn off notifications of birthdays.... what the actual ****

• Paulo Francisco Pinto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a bug, that is not so ok! At the settings on the calender we can't turn off the notifications about our friends birthday.

• Noel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

birthday calendar reminders.. holey **** make that easy to turn off shouldnt be that hard.

Can't turn off birthday reminders, I have looked online and tried several things but still receive birthday emails. I just want to turn them all off

• Tushar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The birthday calendar reminders are getting very annoying ... aggressive clutter contributors; non-intuitive reminder emails on people you barely know or distant acquaintances that.... besides, I don't manage birthday reminders via email ... how can I turn this off? Right click on the birthday calendar does not give you the remove or edit option ... been waiting for this option for the last 14 months or so .. Why is this being forced on users?! Is there a way someone can help?!

• Gian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are options that do not appear in the beta version. I wanted to erase some birthdays from my calendar and I could not. Also try disabling the birthday reminder and this option was also not available.

But when I left the beta version I could do it.

• Dawna Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have already unchecked the “Birthday reminders” in calendar, but I keep getting emails for reminding me of birthdays. Apparently these are push notifications sent 18 minutes before the actual event. I would like to request a stop to these Push Notification for the birthday events. Thank you!

• marco_stijnman@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It took me way too **** long to disable the outlook birthday calendar and the constant notifications it kept sending to my email. I had to go back to the other version to find the option to disable the calendar, as it was not present (afaik) in the beta version.

• laidir@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wish to delete all my outlook calendar events as I keep getting reminders for a deceased persons birthday. I am on Mac OS and do not have Outlook app. I cannot see anywhere where I can delete events.

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base