OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I am unable to delete contact: Make the Delete button in Contacts actually do something. I want to delete old contacts but can't

It would seem a good idea if the Delete button inthe contacts list actually allowed you to delete contacts that are no longer required.

42 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jhoffman@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somehow I have a set of contacts in the Contacts folder (which is to be expected) and a duplicate set in the My Contacts folder . I want to delete the duplicates, but this phantom "My Contacts folder" doesn't show up in the navigation menu at all. I also don't see any option to empty my Trash.

• Dick Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the problem with legacy "Contact Groups" from Skype and Google hasn't been fixed. The Skype and Google logos have disappeared as has the ability to see "Contact Groups" or whatever it was called. But the old/out of date contacts are still there, can't be edited, and can't be deleted.

• Maura Redmond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm trying to delete a contact from a contact list and the contact keep reappearing in the list after I edit, delete and save. FIX YOUR PROBLEMS

I make changes to a Contact Group and when I try to use that group in the address line it is listed multiple time and some are old versions and one must be the correct one. WHY can't you fix this. Why are old (incorrect) contacts still listed AFTER they are deleted. (Since I already figured out you can't make changes to an old contact, must delete and add new)

Multiple times I have tried to correct emails in my contacts and Outlook still mails to the wrong address (some times shows new address, but mailed to old) I have delete contacts only to have them still there.... I'm honestly thinking of leaving, only had this email since 1994!

• hanchars@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to update a contact's email address. I made and saved the change but it would not let me delete the old email address. When I go to send an email, it automatically pulls the old email and doesn't show the new. GRRRR

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow Outlook users to delete, unwanted, Skype contacts that have snuck into Outlook People

• JOSE GUADALUPE MOLINAR CABRAL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I try to delete the old e-mail address of a contact it is greyed-out. It lets me add a new address but not delete the old one.

When I compose a new message and I write the name of the contact to bring the her addresses, the old address (the unwanted one) keeps showing up, and sometimes the new ones (just saved) don't.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever I update a contact's email address and save the old email address still appears. How long does it take to update??

1 3 Next →

The new Outlook.com: Chat

Feedback and Knowledge Base