OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I am unable to delete contact: Make the Delete button in Contacts actually do something. I want to delete old contacts but can't

It would seem a good idea if the Delete button inthe contacts list actually allowed you to delete contacts that are no longer required.

42 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contacts on outlook email - when you edit details for a contact, the original email address for a person does not delete and still shows on the long list of all contacts. Please resolve.

the way the editing is done for contacts, it doesn't allow you to easily delete an old email address and add a new one.. it adds a new one but does not let you delete old one.. to delete old one yo uhave to delete contact and that means deleting all the other contact info.

• robert simms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you make it impossibly difficult to delete a contacts old address after editing it for update.????????????

• Pbaszuro@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After several tries to sync my contacts to new Android device (Samsung S8), I have several contacts duplicated (like 16K). There is no easy way to remove those duplicates. Buildin feature has limitation of 50 entries to be removed or linked. It is time consuming to remove 16k duplicates this way.

(Select the contact you want to delete and select Delete icon.) There is no trash icon to select.

• garvey_m@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like the new web based Outllok interface!!!!

While editing a contact I am unable to delete an old email address ,,,, I ended up deleting the original contact and creating a new one AAAAARRRRRGH!!!!!

The navigation within an email chain is very confusing. "Which email am I referencing?" "How to get to this email to pop-up to a separate window? ... maybe this might work ..."

Disappointed!!

The delete icon is not working. I am unable to delete a contact name and email address. Please fix.

Cannot delete an address nor update. Old address remains as primary. Also if address is changed, it does n ot automatically change updated address if it is in a group. ther should be a link between individual and indiviudal in a group and not maually have to change each separately!

• s e commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IS not working .i think this is a bug.i cant delete old contacts.i followed the recommend answer

• HR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to delete the duplicates and not just merge them. It's a duplicate, so you don't need it again, no point in merging a duplicate. That makes no sense. I feel like I'm going in circles because I just want a double and triple copy gone.

The new Outlook.com: Chat

Feedback and Knowledge Base